PDA

View Full Version : Turningstone

BobboFitos
09-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Just wondering -

I go to college sort of close to Turningstone, I've been once, and I was planning on going with some friends soon. (Play some low stakes baby NL! OH YEAH) Does anyone here regularly play there / go to college nearby? (I.E. hamilton, syracuse, etc...)

Thanks.

Rift
09-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Yea I occassionally go there from time to time. It's about a 2-3 hr drive for me (from Binghamton). It's a decent place, the $100 max buyin NL is fun. Fairly soft (although the last time I went I pulled a boneheaded move that cost me some money) and plenty of kids wearing the mirrored shades up there. I don't believe they have a bad beat jackpots there (at least I didn't see any) and they don't give out bonuses for monster hands on the weekends. (During weekdays they do.) They run a tournament almost every weeknight and definitely 1 on Saturday mornings, although you want to get there damn early and they maxxed out the tourny in under 30 min (~150 players).

Overall it's a fairly nice place, the smoke in there can get brutal from time to time, but the poker rooms seem to be non smoking. They have their own website as well (www.turningstone.com) which gives some details on the tournaments.

Maybe I will catch you up there sometime.