PDA

View Full Version : 100 SnG's, gratuitous milestone post.

bismillahno
09-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Now that I've hit the big 100, figured I'd post my early stats and thoughts.

All $10+1, played at pokerroom

1st 19
2nd 13
3rd 14
4th 16
5th 11
6th 14
7th 5
8th 2
9th 4
10th 2

ROI 47.3%
ITM 46%
Profit $520

I'm obviously very happy with those figures /images/graemlins/grin.gif, but any comments on how I'm doing would be appreciated. I got a small taste of the streakiness with a 45 tournament negative ROI patch early, but a couple of big winning streaks put me back up.

The number of 6th places is probably what I'd like to work on primarily, I think I have a tendency to move from rock to maniac a little too soon, without the middle gear section. Fairly minor though, if I can sustain that ROI, I'd be extremely happy.

Not sure how much I can really contribute from my experience yet, but my opinions on how to play posted hands are generally getting closer to the majority opinion on the board, so I guess thats got to be a good sign.

My bankroll's now up to about $800, so the $20's are my next goal. Thanks to all the regular posters whose wisdom I've profitted from considerably.

parappa
09-10-2004, 03:22 AM
These numbers are fantastic! Not only the ROI/ITM but the 7ths-10ths are exemplary!

With the standard warnings about variance, etc. these are definitely cause for celebration! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MisterNatural
09-10-2004, 03:48 AM
Great stats (not that I know much)! Congratulations. I like pokerroom but have only played sng's at party since that's where everyone recommends you play. I've thought about trying the pokerroom sng's to see how the different structure works for me. Obviously you're doing well, why do you choose to play there?

How are the sng players at the pokerroom 10 sng's? Compared with party 10's or other? How long do the average pokerroom 10's last, say to get ITM (given they start with 1500 in chips)?

Any feedback from you or anyone else would be appreciated.

bismillahno
09-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Yay, I get to be helpful (hopefully) /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Pokerroom does seem fairly good to me, but I have absolutely nothing to compare it to. I play it since I have a mac, and its the only major site thats compatible (as far as I'm aware). The intended destination of my profits is a PC, to play on party, since everyone seems to rave about how good the games are there.

I can't compare the standard of opposition to that on party, but it seems reasonably soft mostly. Not all that many complete idiots, but often 1-3 bust out early, and around bubble time stealing blinds can become very easy (so long as you pick your spots). As far as average length of tournament, I average about 45 minutes (including early bust outs), maybe 50-55 to get to the money... One thing I'm yet to find out is how easy it is to get a game going at the higher levels, my local time doesn't match well with US time, and there don't seem to be all that many tournaments in progress above 10+1 often. Will find that out in due course I guess...

darcythepug
09-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Congrats on the stats!

I am also a Pokerroom player and have gradated to the 20+2 level and also play at Party. Pokerroom is a great place to play SNGs as the structure gives you T1500 to start with and there arent many sharks there at the 20+2 level. In fact, the typical table has 1 or 2 people who understand the subtleties of SNG play, 4-5 really bad players (people who call pot size bets with flush draws, go all in with A5s at early levels pre-flop etc) and 4-5 solid players who you will last to Level 5 or so but dont change gears and if you get a stack you can just run over.

I split my time between playing the two sites as the numbers of bad players at Party and how BAD they are is very profitable, but the T1500 gives you more room to manuever at Pokerroom and my overall results have been better there (with over 500 played - I too bought a PC laptop from my winnings at Pokerroom to give Party a go) but I am still adjusting to Party (around 50 played).

Darcy

MisterNatural
09-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll give it a shot. I'm a Mac user too. I play at Party and Ultimate Bet using Virtual PC with Windows 2000. Works pretty well. You can also use the download version from Poker Room which has some extra features like player notes and stats.

No multitabling at Party with Virtual PC for some reason, but UB works great. You get more play in the UB SNG's since they start you out with 1000 in chips as opposed to 800 at Party. One thing I don't like about UB is there is a button to bet the pot which makes it too easy for people to bet an appropriate amount. They do have heads up and 6 max sng's which you might want to check out.