PDA

View Full Version : Hand From Party 3/6

RPatterson
09-10-2004, 02:57 AM
10 handed, no reads.

1 off button with A5s, 2 mid-limpers, I call. SB completes, BB checks.

Flop A78 flush draw not of my suit, though I have backdoor flush draw. Mid 1 bets, Mid 2 calls, I raise, blinds fold, M1 re-raises, M2 calls, I fold.

M1 shows down 78. What do you think of my fold. Should I have called even though I knew I was beat, hoping to catch a 5? I did have nut backdoor flush potential as well.

Tosh
09-10-2004, 03:01 AM
For 1 more bet, that is a bad fold.

RPatterson
09-10-2004, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For 1 more bet, that is a bad fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I was thinking, it was my no-limit background coming out. I read I'm beat so I fold, but I was probably getting correct pot and implied odds to call.

joker122
09-10-2004, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I was probably getting correct pot and implied odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably? I don't play much NL but I'm pretty sure you have to use pot odds there too. This call really isn't close at all.

RPatterson
09-10-2004, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I was probably getting correct pot and implied odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably? I don't play much NL but I'm pretty sure you have to use pot odds there too. This call really isn't close at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in no-limit people usually aren't betting like 1/15th of the pot so you don't have to calculate 3 out'ers on the flop.

joker122
09-10-2004, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Well in no-limit people usually aren't betting like 1/15th of the pot so you don't have to calculate 3 out'ers on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but if one has even a minimal grasp on pot odds and outs they know this call is routine. Sorry, if it seems like I'm being snippy because I'm not trying to be.