PDA

View Full Version : I fire all the way (unimproved overcards)

AdamL
09-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Fold damn you.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">7 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.75 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

I figured he could easily be drawing to something that missed, but might also have a pair. (e.g, T9s)

I wanted him to fold that pair if he had it. So I bet the river.

Flop bet is questionable, but I didn't want to call a turn bet from him and lose control of the pot. Stupid?

Turn is follow-through. I think I have the best hand.

sthief09
09-10-2004, 12:50 AM
no worse hand folds the river

xerostar
09-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Like sthief said, there was no point in really betting the river. The flop bet was actually what you did right. You should try to check on the river with ace high, especially with a flush draw completed.

AdamL
09-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Thanks guys. After he calls that flop, should I check-fold the turn?

Adam

thirddan
09-10-2004, 01:53 AM
river: check/call or check/fold?

chesspain
09-10-2004, 01:54 AM
The likelihood of anyone folding a pair from that flop on the river after two more undercards fall is close to zero.

sfer
09-10-2004, 02:10 AM
I was going to write the same thing. Hero had the best hand, but that isn't to say worse hands won't call.

AdamL
09-10-2004, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
river: check/call or check/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know too.

Also, check-fold the turn? Check-call?

Adam

sthief09
09-10-2004, 03:50 AM
I'd bet the flop,b et the turn, and check-call the river. the board is coordinated enough for him to have nothing and bet.

something that I've noticed (this is commong sense, I know) is that opponents tend to bet with great hands or bad hands. they often miss easy value bets with something like top pair if a BD flush comes on the river. if they have nothing they'll bet, and if they have something like a set they'll bet. on a board like this, if he called the flop and turn, and then bets when you check to him on a scary board, there's a much better chance that you have him beat that it would appear. for example, middle or bottom pair usually won't bet the river here, so you can cancel it out, making 9x, Qx, and Ax become more probable.

RPatterson
09-10-2004, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The likelihood of anyone folding a pair from that flop on the river after two more undercards fall is close to zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta agree. This is party right?

spamuell
09-10-2004, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
something that I've noticed (this is commong sense, I know) is that opponents tend to bet with great hands or bad hands. they often miss easy value bets with something like top pair if a BD flush comes on the river. if they have nothing they'll bet, and if they have something like a set they'll bet. on a board like this, if he called the flop and turn, and then bets when you check to him on a scary board, there's a much better chance that you have him beat that it would appear. for example, middle or bottom pair usually won't bet the river here, so you can cancel it out, making 9x, Qx, and Ax become more probable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. I find this to be very accurate, maybe you should put it in your truisms thread.

Nate tha' Great
09-10-2004, 04:47 AM
He won't fold a pair. The river card will not scare him. The only cards that would have scared him are hands that improve you, or maybe a K.

You can consider calling the river though if he bets when you check it to him.

Nate tha' Great
09-10-2004, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will second the nomination for this being really good stuff.