PDA

View Full Version : Messed up play all the way

Jimbobobb
09-10-2004, 12:34 AM
UTG is nuts - if it's raised behind him he limp reraises regardless of what's in his hand, and his playable hand standards include cards with letters or numbers on them. He just likes to build huge pots pre-flop, then turns into a complete weak-tightie post flop. He's been folding to my river bets for about 30 minutes. I raised behind him knowing this, and kind of hoping that everyone elses knowledge of this would keep them out of the hand. Does my cap pre-flop really make any sense? I figure my hand plays pretty well multi-way and I'm probably going to flop a draw or something, and I'd like to take control of the hand now. Also was hoping again the other two might drop at the cap. Looking back, it looks pretty damn LAG.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG <font color="purple">(Have_2_will_L_R)</font> calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG <font color="purple">(Have_2_will_L_R)</font> 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG <font color="purple">(Have_2_will_L_R)</font> calls.

Flop: (16 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Have_2_will_L_R checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Have_2_will_L_R calls.

Can't ask for much better than that.....

Turn: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Have_2_will_L_R raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Have_2_will_L_R calls, Hero calls.

Here I just get confused. I 3-bet because I'm still pretty sure I have the best hand, and am putting BB on a K. The cap worries me. Should I have just called?

River: (19.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Have_2_will_L_R calls, Hero calls.

Don't thinking raising is an option here is it?

Final Pot: 22.50 BB

Any and all comments truly appreciated - this hand just seemed completely misthought out, and completely misplayed.

naphand
09-10-2004, 05:31 AM
I probably do not cap PF, but it cannot be a huge mistake with four to the flop and a good multi-way hand. The PF raise was to try to isolate, expecting the others to see a LLR coming, when it gets called, you have to look post-flop and capping achieves little.

Flop is great, nothing wrong with your Turn play. After BB caps he has to have at least a J (likely), and possibly KJ, 77 or J7. LRR looks like he has a K (less likely a J or 7). So far so good.

Your River action depends a lot on your read of BB, LRR is beat here, but he does have a hand worth calling with, so a raise for value will likely get the money. You don't have the greatest kicker, and a 3-bet would look very ugly (and LRR may fold for two more?). Why does BB bet out on the Turn? rather than CR a FH or J? Seems odd to me, unless he is trying to look like a K when he has a J.

BB shows no sign of slowing down and must put someone on at least a K. He must have a J, and you lose to AJ, KJ, QJ, J7, J6, split JT. Does BB call PF with less than J6? So to be ahead to a J you need to see J8/J9/K7/AK (not unlikely) or a J5- (unlikely). I suppose a goonish QT is also possible, esp. Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Call is OK, raise needs a better read on BB.