PDA

View Full Version : Another why I love living in Tulsa Post

Jimbo
09-09-2004, 10:37 PM
On July 1st of this year a law took effect in Oklahoma specifically allowing the words In God We Trust to be displayed in all public school classrooms.

Naturally there is a Tulsa based Christian organization providing a $400 sign bearing the authorized words for every classroom in Tulsa. Bet that will never happen in Andy's childrens classrooms! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

andyfox
09-09-2004, 10:53 PM
I see no evidence to indicate that such trust is well-placed. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Do you think it will be challenged in the Supreme Court?

Ray Zee
09-09-2004, 11:00 PM
in my county's offices they are now requiring those words be posted. also they lost in court on having the ten commandments on the courthouse steps so are donating that property to a group who will post them.

poor andy's children. they cant have a conservative religous group of society dicate what they are subject to.

Jimbo
09-10-2004, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think it will be challenged in the Supreme Court?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here in the "Bible Belt" it is like old Vegas. An atheist may move here but the next thing you know they are buried in a dried up river bed never to challenge a religious ruling again.

On a more positive note we get to vote on allowing legalized poker and blackjack in the Novenber election. We all know it will never pass but the bible thumpers realize they have to at least placate us degenerate gamblers every three or four years! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

Jimbo
09-10-2004, 12:11 AM
C'mon Ray, I heard the signs in the County Treasurers office read like this:

In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

nicky g
09-10-2004, 04:54 AM
Lol

Phat Mack
09-10-2004, 06:32 PM
On a more positive note we get to vote on allowing legalized poker and blackjack in the Novenber election.

Whatever happened with the attempt to ban cockfighting?

Jimbo
09-10-2004, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever happened with the attempt to ban cockfighting?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was successful Mack. Only hen fighting now. Heh Heh

Jimbo

Abednego
09-10-2004, 11:57 PM
That's because we live in a fallen creation