PDA

View Full Version : Two Questionable Folds...

yanfu
09-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Live 2/4 game.

I'm on one before button and have K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif .

UTG Folds, UTG + 1 (fairly tight passive player) raises, Folds, I re-raise, BB calls, UTG + 1 caps. I fold. BB Calls...

I figure he would only cap w/ AA, KK, AK and I was likely dominated. Even so, see the flop for two more $.

Hand 2... 6-12 spread.

Early position with QJo. I limp, 2 callers see flop.

Flop K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Rainbow. I bet 6, one fold, one call. Heads up. Turn 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I bet 8, he raises to 20. I think, then fold. No read on him yet. He was still stacking chips from last hand where he had a set.

AdamL
09-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Caro has noticed that people stacking chips rarely are bluffing. They want to be stacking, not bothering with nothing-hands with cold bluffs.

Still, it's just a tell, not 100%.

balkii
09-09-2004, 10:04 PM
yanfu - the proper time to fold both of these hands is preflop.

hand 1: when a tight and passive player raises from 2nd position - what range of hands do you put him on. I will put him on AK, AA-JJ. How many of those hands do you want to play your KQo against?

hand 2: QJo sucks from early position. Muck it every time.

You should pick up WLLH for a basic primer on preflop play in low-limit games. If you already have some amount of experience, you could go straight to SSH.

sthief09
09-09-2004, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm on one before button and have K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif .

(fairly tight passive player) raises, Folds, I re-raise

[/ QUOTE ]

use common sense here. why raise with a worse hand?