PDA

View Full Version : AQo missed flop

Ralph Wiggum
09-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

So is this spewing chips? Good poker? Should I have bet out?

TheHip41
09-09-2004, 08:41 PM
This just seems like a bad raise to me. You are going to get a J to lay down. Any four flush won't fold, and you are really trying to spike a non-spade A or Q. I'm not really the person to turn to for advice when I raise with big cards and flop nothing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Derek

Ralph Wiggum
09-09-2004, 08:42 PM
What would be your play on the flop then?

TheHip41
09-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Like I said, hell if I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chawinski
09-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Why would a call be wrong here? Simply drawing to your overcards..even discounting the As you still have odds right?

Noo Yawk
09-09-2004, 11:29 PM
If you believe MP1 will bet a draw and you have a reasonable chance to get it head-up, then I think this a good play. Decent size pot, and maybe you get some smaller pairs to fold, giving yourself a shot at winning on an unimproved Ace high at showdown or with a bet on the turn. Just make sure you have some idea of your opponents tendancies.

Evan
09-09-2004, 11:41 PM
It looks like a good play, but you didn't know that a bet was gonna come from the last palyer to act. By raising you can be pretty sure that your outs are clean and you might get him to fold a better hand on the turn. What do you do if UTG bets and it's called to you?

daveymck
09-10-2004, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
. What do you do if UTG bets and it's called to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

The raise is fine here give everyone behind a decision and hopefully cleans things up a bit.

If everyone has called then I see no benefit in raising, the only reason would be to build the pot but we are drawing and the pot is big already. You are out of position in the next round so you wont have any free card options.