PDA

View Full Version : JTs in the BB

bisonbison
09-09-2004, 07:05 PM
UTG+1 is loose and aggressive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

TheHip41
09-09-2004, 07:09 PM
I bet this river. If in a hand where there are only three players, and I have the 3rd nut flush, and someone has the 1st or 2nd, so be it. I think you have to bet the river here. If raised, just call.

Alobar
09-09-2004, 07:12 PM
you wussed out against a LAG with a great hand? I would have capped the river. Besides a LAG raises this flop with a flush draw. So he prolly was slowplaying some retarded 2 pair, turned a set or even has a smaller flush.

Yeknom58
09-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Lag huh,

Easy river bet..as to if I would 3 bet if he raises is another question but in no way am I checking the river.

bisonbison
09-09-2004, 07:25 PM
I should say he's not nutso aggressive. Just loose and pretty aggressive.

Alobar
09-09-2004, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I should say he's not nutso aggressive. Just loose and pretty aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its still an easy river bet and an easy call of his raise. I still think I 3 bet aggainst a pretty aggresive player. I definately am betting this tho no matter what.

BigEndian
09-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Looks fine to me, I might bet and call a raise depending what I've seen of his play with my own eyes. But, if he has a smaller flush he's not likely to raise the river (after he capped and you're betting into him - LAGish or no), but he will bet it himself.

I like raising PF now and again with JTs out of the blinds.

- Jim

sthief09
09-09-2004, 09:17 PM
I bet the river too.

Tosh
09-09-2004, 09:19 PM
I would bet, but its not so ridiculous as some have said IMO. Its a bet, its a call if he raises.

ddubois
09-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Well, he doesn't have a king high flush, because he would have bet or raised the flop. He can't have a Q/J/T high flush for obvious reasons. Would he cap a 9-high flush on the turn? Even if he would, think about the likelihood of that holding given that he played from EP. Do the "bet the river" pundits in this thread really think 89s or 65s are more probable than Axs? Or do you think he slowplayed a set to the turn then capped despite the 3 hearts?

If I remember HEPFAP correctly, you have to be ahead here 60% of the time (55% of the time you are called) for this river bet to be right. I think you lose to AhXh more often than this.

TheHip41
09-09-2004, 09:50 PM
You know you've seen ppl do this with a hand as bad as two pair. Bet the river, come on.

Alobar
09-09-2004, 10:04 PM
I think you win this hand somewhere in the neighborhood of 85% of the time against a LAG.

Alexthegreat
09-09-2004, 11:50 PM
I bet for sure.....The fact that he just called on the flop points to a slow play, IMO.....any aggressive player with position would certainly be raising the nut flush draw here, and there are too many hands a LAG will overplay that you beat

ddubois
09-10-2004, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know you've seen ppl do this with a hand as bad as two pair. Bet the river, come on.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only legit two-pair hand is KQ, maybe K7 is he's really loose, and I don't think he checks the flop with those holdings - he's lAG isn't he? I think hero will be shown two pair less than 10% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
.....The fact that he just called on the flop points to a slow play

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good point. That does make it a set more likely, and AXs less likely.

But 85% still seems way too optimistic.

What were the results?

MoreWineII
09-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Exactly. I expect the nut (or second nut) flush draw to raise this flop a HUGE majority of the time, especially from a semi-LAG. I wouldn't be surprised to see baby hearts or even a set at showdown.

bisonbison
09-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Results:

UTG+1 shows Ah4h for the nuts. I think you guys are letting the idea of raising draws overpower your thinking here. In a shorthanded pot, a lot of people are just going to call on the flop in the hope of getting paid off bigger if the draw hits.

MoreWineII
09-10-2004, 07:25 PM
I haven't seen that much. It happens, but it's not common, especially vs. your more aggressive players.

If your opponent was a rock, I'd be more inclined to check/call the river.

Alexthegreat
09-10-2004, 08:11 PM
You did say he was loose and pretty aggresive.....I don't know...I can't decide if cold calling a nut flush draw with position is a weak play, or a strong play....The result here makes it look like a strong play, because you certainly paid him off for it, but I wonder what your line on the turn would have been had you held a pair, or two pair...I don't think 4 bets get put in there

In instances exactly like this, it works out, but heads up I'm trying to put on as much pressure as I can to make you fold your hand on the flop, or at least get me a free river card, so I'm gonna say that I don't think he played the hand well at all...

Evan
09-10-2004, 08:18 PM
bet the river. There's almost no way he has the K high flush since he would've raised you're flop bet. If he is as aggressive as you say I'd have to think he'd raise with a nut draw too. Bet the river and call a raise.

jacki
09-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Do you bet the flop with 3 players with just the flush draw? I'm not sure what to in that spot sometimes....