PDA

View Full Version : Bad Play, Need Help

sxz18
09-09-2004, 06:22 PM
$6/$12 B&M

Reads: UTG, she likes to raise with paint and weaker hands. from what i've seen at the table, she limps with bigger hands like QQ KK AA or AK, hoping to get action.
MP, wannabe professional with a very basic ABC game.

Preflop: UTG raises, I coldcall with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, MP 3-bets, everyone folds to UTG who calls, I call.
Analysis: I cold-called with AQ because I wanted action after me. I was pretty sure I was ahead of the UTG raiser. To my delight, MP 3-bet it. I put him on QQ or KK or AK from my previous reads on him.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG check, I check, MP bets, UTG raises! I think for a bit and muck my AQ. MP calls.
Analysis: UTG isn't an aggressive player at all. She's more of a calling station that just calls with top pair or a draw. After about 20 seconds, I decide to throw my hand into the muck, having changed my mind that she probably has AT. I also fear a 3-bet by MP incase he has AK.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Blank card hits, UTG bets, MP calls.
Analysis: MP is definetely weak. If he had AK, he would've popped the turn. Because of his ABC game, I was fully confident now that he had KK or QQ.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG checks, MP checks.
Analysis: What! UTG checks?! I'm furious because now I pinpoint her to have AJ, the weakest hand she would be raising on UTG and not bet all the way.

Surely enough, UTG shows AJ and MP mucks his hand. I was furious because I outplayed myself! Did I overthink this hand? As I look back on my play, I think that if I'm calling two bets with AQ preflop, I should be calling again on the flop if I hit my ace on a non-threatening flop. As the hand unraveled, my reads started to change though. Unfortunately, UTG won the pot instead of me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TripleH68
09-09-2004, 06:46 PM
You said UTG "wasn't an aggressive player at all...calling station..." She raised UTG preflop, then checked. You have position on her. If you are going to play this hand in the first place...then this is a good flop for you. Bet the flop.

TheHip41
09-09-2004, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I coldcall with AQ, MP 3-bets To my delight. MP 3-bet it. I put him on QQ or KK or AK from my previous reads on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I have AQ, and I'm happy someone with AA KK or AK made it 3 to go behind me??? This has to be the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Yeah, I'm dominated and out of position. YEAH!!!