PDA

View Full Version : KQs *insert catchy unbiased title here*

Surfbullet
09-09-2004, 06:13 PM
This entire hand felt wrong... thoughts?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font>

Evan
09-09-2004, 06:24 PM
I think you messed this one up on every street...let's check.

PF-3 bet
Flop/Turn-Raise or fold
River-You caught one of your outs, if you're not willing to raise here then get out of the hadn earlier

Fnord
09-09-2004, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PF-3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I hate cold-calling, but this is one of the rare times I would do it too.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop/Turn-Raise or fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, but with 2 backdoors and 2 suspect overs I understand not wanting to spew chips here and just see what happens on the turn. Meh.

[ QUOTE ]

River-You caught one of your outs, if you're not willing to raise here then get out of the hadn earlier

[/ QUOTE ]

He hit his weakest out. I have no problems with this call figuring he's not good often enough to raise.

TheHip41
09-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Way way to many calls in there. I really don't understand it. Calling preflop, ok, not a great call, as KQ is often dominated, but you can live with it.

Then the flop, you missed, and you still might be dominated. But you call, ok.

Now the turn, you have 3 clean outs for the straight, and 4 non heart outs for a pair. Only the straight outs are going to be easy to play.

River: You hit your 4 outer, why aren't you raising? You are raising because you think you might be beat anyway. Seeing as how you won't raise when you hit your miracle card, you should fold the flop.

Derek

Surfbullet
09-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Here's what went through my head at the time...

PF: normally I 3-bet or fold something like this, but I was pretty confident one or both of the blinds would come along, and the limpers would also call, so I opted to call to encourage a multiway pot for my drawing hand.

Flop: getting 12:1 on the flop I just called without thinking of raising - in retrospect I like raising better to help clean up my K and Q outs.

Turn: my flush draw is gone, but I just picked up a gutshot to the nuts - at 8:1 this is close but I felt that the SB was dead money so...

River: a Q hit, but the SB is still in - I called here to encourage the overcall and avoid being 3-bet by a straight. As the SB folds it seems apparent that he was on a flush draw and missed, and may not have been the dead money I thought he was.

MP3 showed down TT and MHING.