PDA

View Full Version : PP 10+1: 6 to go, low on stack, reraising w. AQs

ChuckNorris
09-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Does anyone think that I should've waited to be first to enter the pot rather than take a shot with AQs, knowing that I'll probably get called?

Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: ph87ph87 ( $2485 )
Seat 4: hero ( $640 )
Seat 6: SugarDaddyO ( $575 )
Seat 7: twoshots ( $1200 )
Seat 8: alifeintext ( $2230 )
Seat 9: Birka4u ( $870 )
Level:4 Blinds(50/100)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ Ad Qd ]
2 fold
ph87ph87 raises [200].
hero is all-In.
2 fold
ph87ph87 calls [440].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qs, 2d, 6d ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ts ]
** Dealing River ** [ 8s ]
<font color="white"> ph87ph87 shows [ Ks, Ah ] high card ace.
hero shows [ Ad, Qd ] a pair of queens.
hero wins 1430 chips from the main pot with a pair of queens. </font>

oscar057
09-09-2004, 06:13 PM
I like the play. You isolate the initial raiser with what is probably the best hand. You may not get a better hand to play.

NegativeEV
09-09-2004, 06:42 PM
I say easy push ONLY because of your relative stack sizes and the exact position of the raiser and yourself. The raiser is CO, you are button (2 have folded), and you have a short stack as do the SB and BB (relative to the raiser).

This is a perfect blind steal opportunity for the CO raiser due to the stack sizes of you and the blinds. Because of this, I think CO would/should raise with less than premium hands in an effort to steal. As such, your hand is likely a favorite and a push is warranted. If another big stack was left to act (or you had a large stack) I would fold here as the raiser would less likely be on a steal with a sub-par hand. I am more conservative than most, and others would probably recommend a push here regardless of position, but I am sold on the push only due to the exact circumstances.

ASIDE: my thought process here is driven by my experience on the $55 tables which I've been playing exclusively as of late. On the $10-$33 tables I think a push may be warranted regardless of position as the raiser's hand may not be solid regardless of circumstance.