PDA

View Full Version : Flopped straight but not favorite

betgo
09-09-2004, 04:25 PM
I flopped a straight in the first round of a Party Poker $10 SNG. 3 players went allin in an unraised pot. No one else had a straight, but I was not the favorite. I had Ks 9h (in SB) against Th Tc and Ad 8d. The flop was Qd Jh Td. The Ad 8d won the hand with a flush. According to two dimes, the tens had a 36% chance to win the hand, I had a 33% chance, and the Ad 8d hand had a 31% chance.

LokiV
09-09-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm curious to know which player went in first. Based on the game and situation, I will give good odds it was the set of 10's from a weak player... overjoyed at his 'fortune' but not realizing his only likely call would be a straight. The nut flush draw would've called hopefully after you did and be getting some OK odds on their money.

If I judged I could beat the piss out of these players in a drawn out game, I wouldn't have gone all in against two of them. But if it were a tougher game I most definitely would've called.

betgo
09-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I opened with a 2/3 pot bet. The flush draw raised it to 400, the tens called, and I reraised allin.