PDA

View Full Version : Who made the mistake?

golFUR
09-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Granted I'm still learning this game, it seems to me he made a bad call that got lucky. Review this hand for me?

Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha High, $.50 BB (10 handed)

MP2 ($78.05)
MP3 ($28.95)
CO ($123.60)
Button ($42)
SB ($20.25)
BB ($25.10)
UTG ($20.50)
UTG+1 ($60.75)
Hero ($66.80)
MP1 ($18.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, MP1 calls $2.25, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises to $10.25</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $34.25</font>, MP1 calls $16.25 (All-In), MP3 calls $16.25 (All-In).

Flop: ($80.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($80.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($80.50) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $80.50

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Jd Kh Ks Ah (two pair, aces and jacks).
MP1 has 5d 3h Kd 7s (one pair, sevens).

Outcome: MP3 wins $72.75. Hero wins $7.75. </font>

Or is his pocket desirable and playable? Can he 'assume' I have high cards and be looking for the middle? For all-in?

sherbert
09-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Can't really answer the q. as we don't know what hand MP3 has. Can you edit the post. Heh, MP1 wasn't too clever was he.

golFUR
09-09-2004, 05:22 PM
MP3 had 789T rainbow to make the straight.

I've since recieved the opinion at the table that I probably didn't want to all in with less than AA and that playing a wrap(?) or playing a hand like his isn't considered terrible. This person said he probably wanted at least J high, but it wasn't exactly bad. Just not something you normally all in preflop with...

Guess I was half looking for knowledge (which I still am!) and half wanting to post what I thought was a bad beat. I guess it wasn't so bad as far as beats go...

sherbert
09-09-2004, 05:48 PM
OK. He's got a damn fine hand. I like MP3's reraise, as a lot of players will now put him on AA, leaving his hand very well disguised on the flop, although a reraise may have been more profitable with a suited or ds hand.
I'm less sure about your reraise here. However, it has the benefit, if that's the best word, of sorting everything out preflop. If the stacks are deeper on both sides, such a reraise becomes more dangerous and the comments of the other player, that you need AA for this reraise, would have been applicable - unless you had seen MP3 frequently reraise on less than stellar holdings.
For that matter, had MP3 decided that he had seen you raising a lot in EP on less than stellar hands? Again, that makes his reraise even more reasonable.
However, given the stack sizes involved - trivial - then only MP1 can be criticised. It wasn't Acesover8s after a day on the lash by any chance?
And there's not even a glimmer of a bad beat about how the hands played out.

Big Dave D
09-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Sherb,

There's not much disuising going to go on on the flop...MP3 only has 16 bucks left. And he has another short stack inbetween him and the early raiser too. With big stacks this kind of reraise is very fine and happens all day long in the monster stacks that populate the 5-10 on Stars. Here he is basically driving himself towards an allin coup preflop, when it seems more likely that the player in the middle's hand will interfere with his more than anything else. He either needs to see a flop with money or be more certain that his two foes have both got big pairs. Ohterwise he is a significant dog allin

LA_Price
09-10-2004, 04:22 PM
i remember a hand I posted a while ago where i had 789T single suited and got into an all in coup. Afterwards i reviewed the hands and i had the greatest amount of equity pf because my cards were all live everyone else's weren't. I don't like mp3's reraise with the smallish stacks as he is essetially committed if he hit's as little as one pair and he's either a small dog or a small favorite versus your likely and mp1's holdings. he's always a dog versus aces and kings headsup but multiway some interesting situations can develop. if he get's forced into going all-in i don't mind calling with his hand multiway. but why push such a small edge? why not call pf. he'd have flopped a str8 and now he can push more of his money with a big edge rather than a big portion with a possible slight edge.

Big Dave D
09-10-2004, 07:20 PM
My point was LA is that the way the hand was developing, he probably wasnt favourite multiway either. For a 4 card str8 to have a lot of equity mutliway everyone else has to have big pairs, ideally counterfitted. Unless they are completely bonkers.

gl

Dave

bugstud
09-10-2004, 07:33 PM
like K753 deciding to dump his stack preflop?