PDA

View Full Version : What To Do?

sthief09
09-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="red"> please no preflop discussion </font>

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero...

I thought until the time ticked down to 3. At the time, I thought to myself that I'm probably getting odds to counterfeit his 2 pair, since it's unlikely he either slowplayed aces-up like this, or that he didn't raise AQ. I don't think this is right though, because he COULD'VE slowplayed A9 or A7, and 99 or 77 were very strong possibilities. I'm clearly behind.

BottlesOf
09-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I'm folding.

Fnord
09-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Fold. Even if he's overplaying a pair of Aces, you're beat. If he's making a move on you, then good for him.

Evan
09-09-2004, 03:55 PM
You're obviously behind, as you said. You're getting 8.5-1 when you could very well be drawing dead. At best you're drawing to 3 or 6 outs. I don't see any reason to keep playing here.

sfer
09-09-2004, 04:14 PM
When I was at Lucky Chances this old Asian man had a habit of kissing his chips before he tossed them in to call a bet on the turn or river. Here I wouldn't kiss the chips; I'd just kiss the cards g'bye.

easypete
09-09-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I was at Lucky Chances this old Asian man had a habit of kissing his chips before he tossed them in to call a bet on the turn or river. Here I wouldn't kiss the chips; I'd just kiss the cards g'bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

An instant classic.

Garland
09-09-2004, 04:18 PM
The fact alone that SB cold called 2 bets on the flop tells you a lot. Once he comes out of the bushes with a check-raise on the turn, I think you have to release it as there is no card in the deck I would feel would make me a confident winner here.

Garland

Garland
09-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey,

Did this guy have a cap, yellow jacket and tips with $2 bills? I know exactly who you're talking about. Uncle Bill ring a bell?

Garland

rdubya
09-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Well without knowing what kind of player he is...yes fold....but if you have been picking up on his chases...he possibly might have been excited to see his straight or flush draw....then call and see how the river goes...

Aside from you having 6-7 outs you should fold
sounds like the queen was his 2 pair

anyway good fold nothing to be ashamed of =)

sfer
09-09-2004, 04:25 PM
He had a hat, but I don't remember the $2 bills. He also said, "Ah, no gooood!" a lot at showdown. I can't imagine there's more than one of him there, so I guess we're talking about the same guy. Seemed like a 6/12 regular.

The really weird thing at Lucky Chances was seeing the woman who used to be the hostess at a Chinese restaurant I used to go to all the time in San Francisco serving drinks. The world is way too small sometimes.

Garland
09-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Well, I forgot to mention the thick glasses and the interesting way he puts his chips in the pot when he bets or calls. The yellow jacket is a constant with him. The kissing of the chips is what triggered my memory. I'm pretty sure it's Uncle Bill. I love that guy.

Garland