PDA

View Full Version : Check the turn or no?

Corkscrew
09-09-2004, 03:24 PM
The only way I can see that I might have pulled this hand out is if I'd come out firing on the turn and forced out the MP3, instead of weakly checking. What do you think?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.75 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font>

FellKnight
09-09-2004, 03:29 PM
If you check/call the turn, you have to check/call the river since it didnt help you out. I would check/call check/call myself.

Fell

Sent
09-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Probably would bet the turn and fold to a raise

-Sent

crockett
09-09-2004, 03:34 PM
My thoughts exactly! The gig is up...no bluffing on that card.

ThunderAces
09-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Why did u check the turn?
Did u think he called 2 cold with and 8? They do.
You gotta bet the turn, and unless the guy is v aggr I would fold to the raise.
Betting the river is esp bad.
I'm figuring him for and eight, as u r. You had to have him on a full house to check call the turn right. So when u miss ur King, that u don't have the odds to call for on the river, not advised to bet here. But on the off chance that u do bet fold when he raises ur beat.

Corkscrew
09-09-2004, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did u check the turn?
Did u think he called 2 cold with and 8? They do.
You gotta bet the turn, and unless the guy is v aggr I would fold to the raise.
Betting the river is esp bad.
I'm figuring him for and eight, as u r. You had to have him on a full house to check call the turn right. So when u miss ur King, that u don't have the odds to call for on the river, not advised to bet here. But on the off chance that u do bet fold when he raises ur beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you pretty much nailed what I figured was wrong with the hand:

1. I should have bet the turn, folding to a raise.
AND
2. Failing that, I should have checked the river, and folded to a bet.

k000k
09-09-2004, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably would bet the turn and fold to a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, do that.. 1 bet doesn't mean anything. You raised PF so he has you on 2 big cards, from his angle, you most likely missed the flop. He might think he can scare you off AK AQ etc.. Even if you bet and he raises, I'd probably call it and check-call the riv.

Gambit
09-09-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ya, do that.. 1 bet doesn't mean anything. You raised PF so he has you on 2 big cards, from his angle, you most likely missed the flop. He might think he can scare you off AK AQ etc.. Even if you bet and he raises, I'd probably call it and check-call the riv.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, might be different if the board paired big cards, but it is a little less likely he stuck around with a stray 8 or 5. This could very well be a last-ditch scare bet on his part on a busted draw. If I lose this hand with pocket kings for two more bets, so be it.