PDA

View Full Version : How to play the flush draw?

Slappz
09-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Im just wondering how you guys would play your flush draws when you dont necessarily have 2 good overcards to go with them? I figure betting out the flop and calling a raise is good, or should i even reraise if there is enough people in the pot?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Made the flush, i figure im way ahead now so i went for the check raise to get more money into the pot, should i not even risk it and just bet out?

River: (10 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Piiop
09-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Bet the turn. Bet hoping that you can 3-bet.

A check risks giving a free card to the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif or to two pair or the turn could be checked thru.

Checkraising forces the other player in the pot to call two cold which will make him fold (usually). Instead, you want them to call when they're drawing dead.

Entity
09-09-2004, 02:50 PM
The checkraise is really risky on the turn. I just bet out (and hope for a raise). Having it checked through here would be a travesty.

On the flop, you bet and hope to be raised so that you can 3-bet, and hopefully get it capped. You've got a ton of equity. Build that pot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice hand.

flair1239
09-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Looks good to me. The checkraise was aggressive, I probably would have bet out. But thinking about it the CR was probably a good play. Because even if it gets checked through, they would probably call your bet on the river, because they would have thought you showed weakness.

k000k
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The checkraise is really risky on the turn. I just bet out (and hope for a raise). Having it checked through here would be a travesty.

On the flop, you bet and hope to be raised so that you can 3-bet, and hopefully get it capped. You've got a ton of equity. Build that pot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only that, a C/R risks folding out MP who's forced to call 2 cold.. You could bet it, and hope MP calls and CO raises so you can pull a good trap..

ThunderAces
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Do you think it is really much of a concern about the 2 pr?
I believe you'll get a c/r from 2 pr in the high 90's%. Also the players with just 1 pr and str8's might get there and pay u off on the river. I would personally bet out on the turn here and hope to get raised, but not because of the free cards to the 2 pr and Ah.
Reasons would be like....board is very scary, fear of check through. Good chance noone has an Ace here usually get raised on the flop.
Anyhow just some things to talk about.
Sometimes I have a hard time explaing what I'm thinking.
The good news is my poker playing is better than my composition lol

Piiop
09-09-2004, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But thinking about it the CR was probably a good play. Because even if it gets checked through, they would probably call your bet on the river, because they would have thought you showed weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you ever want your flush to get checked thru so they *might* call a river bet more often? I'd want to collect more bets with my flush. If they have a made hand (a made hand is not much to these players), they'll call the turn and river bet. If they're on a draw they'll call a turn bet but not a river bet if they miss.

mmbt0ne
09-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Good bet on the flop, but you definitely want to be careful with that check-raise. Luckily it worked out for you though. Nice hand.