PDA

View Full Version : WSOP 2005 questions

Martin Aigner
09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
I just checked pokerpages and saw that the date of the WSOP 05 is already posted. Therefore I wanted to check out at the homepage of the Rio whether they already offer rates for July 05, but couldnīt find anything. The last date to book I saw was Dez. 04, which obviously means that one can only book 3-4 months in advance. Now Iīm afraid that if I look again in April 05 the hotel will aready be sold out. Any suggestions?

Furtermore: What would you expect them to charge for a room? (special rates for participants of the WSOP???) Since the Orleans usually offers great rates for pokerplayers (Iīve stayed there several times) Iīm also considering to stay there. Not to far away from the Rio anyway.

Any help greatly appreciated

Best regards

Martin Aigner

Stew
09-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Not to be an ass, but this guy called Bell invented something called a telephone. This is a good time to probalby put that invention into use.

Martin Aigner
09-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Since my english isnīt that good Iīd prefer not tp phone. Thereīs a world out there with people who donīt have english as a mothtertounge.

Thanks for the advice

Martin Aigner

Porcupine
09-09-2004, 05:25 PM
When I went the Rio website I was able to (using the pull down months/days/year) select dates for July 05. The prices were mostly $150/night weekdays and $180/night week-ends.

RIO reservations (https://www.harrahs.com/MakeReservation?propCode=rlv)

PITTM
09-09-2004, 05:31 PM
i dont know if you know this, but the preliminary events are at the rio. the main event will still be at the horseshoe.

rj

RiverMel
09-09-2004, 05:34 PM
The *last two days* of the main event will be at the horseshoe.

Sundevils21
09-09-2004, 06:30 PM
deleted

Stew
09-09-2004, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since my english isnīt that good Iīd prefer not tp phone. Thereīs a world out there with people who donīt have english as a mothtertounge.

Thanks for the advice

Martin Aigner

[/ QUOTE ]

Martin, I apologize, that was terribly ethnocentric of me. I forgot that you were from Austria. I apolgoize for being out of line, i thought you were in the states.

Martin Aigner
09-10-2004, 09:12 AM
No problem, Stew. Thanks for the apology.

BTW, Iīm in great mood today anyway, since I just booked my flight (even a free round trip for having enough miles. Travelling once a year to Vegas pays off in many ways /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Best regards

Martin Aigner

Martin Aigner
09-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Porcupine,

thanks, obviously I just checked out the special rates. For 150/180 a night I think I rather prefer to stay at the Orleans. For 14 nights the difference is about a buy in for a small WSOP tourney. /images/graemlins/blush.gif Hoped the rates to be in the area of 100/night. Anyway, thanks a lot for the help.

Best regards

Martin Aigner

ohgeetee
09-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Austria! Well, then. G'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!

Leo99
09-10-2004, 10:10 AM
The Gold Coast across the street from RIO offers some real nice rates. Rio is a nicer hotel. I hear Gold Coast gives a discount if you use Mastercard to charge the room. Vegas routinely holds conventions with 10-50000 attendees. I don't think WSOP is big enough to greatly impact the room rates. Whatever Rio has published is their best guess as to the room rates right now. If they start to fill up, they'll raise the prices and if they're empty they lower the prices. The hotels like to be full.

TheTurk
09-10-2004, 12:28 PM
I love that movie.