PDA

View Full Version : ATo in SB

Fiddler
09-09-2004, 02:05 PM
No reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

I feel like I always end up in weird heads-up hands, don't like them. Questions, raise pre-flop? River check-call ok? And anything else you can think of... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

meep_42
09-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Am I crazy for wanting to raise this pf?

And I think it's pretty read dependent whether I bet/call the river or check/call like you did ... I fully expect to be shown 33 or 44 here.

-d

Fiddler
09-09-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I crazy for wanting to raise this pf?

And I think it's pretty read dependent whether I bet/call the river or check/call like you did ... I fully expect to be shown 33 or 44 here.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you are crazy, not sure how much that means though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Why let in BB for free if I can get heads-up with a pretty good hand?

Piiop
09-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Raise preflop.

I'd 3-bet the flop.

FellKnight
09-09-2004, 02:55 PM
I re-raise the flop. To me, even at micro-limits, many people will raise with a four-flush, he might even have A2 here and raise it. You have top pair best kicker, and are probably ahead. If he caps the flop, then you can certainly think you might be against a set.

No problem with your play on the turn, top 2 pair will usually win this.

With the 5 and the diamond here, I am a bit concerned, but I certainly check-call.

I am expecting to see 33, 44 or A2 here. Also possible is X4d

Fell

Fiddler
09-09-2004, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

I'd 3-bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I'm convinced about raising preflop.

Assuming he caps the flop if I 3-bet, what is the play on the turn? Bet and call down if he raises or maybe a check-raise and fold if he 3-bets? None of the above?

Entity
09-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Raise preflop. 3-bet the flop. Bet and call down if he raises the turn.

Rob

crockett
09-09-2004, 03:03 PM
My line....I have no idea if it be right or wrong.

Pre-Flop: Raise.

Flop: 3-bet and call a cap.

Turn: if he capped the flop check/call. if he called my 3-bet on the flop c/r.
River: if he capped the flop. check/call again. Bet out if he called my flop 3-bet and just called my turn c/r.

Piiop
09-09-2004, 03:03 PM
What Entity says.

Fiddler
09-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Good points, thanks!

CO showed 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and MHIG. Real shame I hadn't been at the table for a few orbits.

ThunderAces
09-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I guess it's been covered easy PFR.
So it kinda changes how the hand may play out.
Let's say u did preflop raise, then the raise on the flop may not happen. Lots of times players PFR with lets say a big PP and bet the whole way. They get called on the river, wonder what the guy had? He has top pr a lot with a weak kicker.
Now take away the PFR and a TPWK likes to raise the flop without much fear of gettin played back at.
Takes control of the hand.
So you should play this hand a little stronger because no PFR.
Majority heads up like to slow it down till the turn with their sets.
So I would 3 bet the flop
I would play the turn as u did
And the river I would def call but only because of the odds.
Maybe it's just me but a lotta hands I see that should be PFR that aren't seem more diff to play on later streets.
I mean lets say you think a guy would raise with AT and just called and u had A4 on the same board you may as he did. Right?