PDA

View Full Version : Am I too loose?

topspin
09-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Questions mainly preflop and turn, but all comments welcome.

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Table's been generally loose-passive which is why I call this preflop, but I'm thinking perhaps it may still be a fold given my lousy position.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB folds, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

At the time, given the uncoordinated flop, there didn't seem to be any visible draws so I was worried one of the flop callers had Ax, which micro players seem to like to hang around with. In retrospect this seems a bit weak-tight thinking and perhaps I should have raised. Given the check and a raise back at me, what's my line?

(If I'm behind, I call figuring I have 5 good outs vs. anyone with an A, although perhaps I should discount the K outs?)

River: (8.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

zram21
09-09-2004, 12:55 PM
The preflop call is fine.

Flop looks good.

Bet the turn.

River looks good.

Entity
09-09-2004, 12:57 PM
The preflop call is fine. Bet the flop, BET THE TURN (call a raise), bet the river.

Rob