PDA

View Full Version : My kid's teacher cannot write- what should I do?

WDC
09-09-2004, 10:23 AM
I just got a form letter written by my son's 4th grade teacher. There are several grammatical errors and two incomplete sentences.

I am incredibly worried about this teacher's ability. This is his first classroom assigment in 7 years. He was a phy ed teacher until this year. I would have already called the principal but my son has asked me not to call. He thinks he will become a social outcast.

So what would you do?

Michael Davis
09-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Take your kid out of public schools. The increased future salary figures for your kid make it a +EV move.

-Michael

MelK
09-09-2004, 10:26 AM
A copy of the form letter could be sent anonymously (with your name/address cut out) to the principal. I'm all for getting teachers in trouble. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

elwoodblues
09-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Call the principal. Tell them you don't want to make a huge deal out of it, but you have a concern. Tell them that you wish to remain anonymous so as to not cause an awkward relationship between your kid and the teacher or between the teacher and yourself.

Just out of curiosity --- which school district (wife teaches in 196)

WDC
09-09-2004, 10:50 AM
It is Minneapolis.

ThaSaltCracka
09-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Here's what my mom did when I went to public school. We would constantly be receiving letters from the principal with various school announcments and such, however the letters were always full of gramatical and spelling errors. My mom would proof read the letter, mark all the errors, and mail the letter back to the principal. Needless to say, I didn't stay in public school for long.

Rushmore
09-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Well, one thing you could do would be to realize that when unions like the teachers unions are left to metasticize, you end up with illiterate teachers AND children.

Or I guess you could become wealthy and send your kids to private schools. Or home school.

Duke
09-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Make sure your kid learns on his own; public schools have never been about learning.

~D

ThaSaltCracka
09-09-2004, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or I guess you could become wealthy and send your kids to private schools.

[/ QUOTE ] You don't need to be wealthy to send your kids to private school, just smart.

BeerMoney
09-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Could you please give us some examples. My grammar is less than perfect, but I don't think it would make me an incompetent instructor if I don't know when you use who and whom and such.. I mean, how bad are we talking here?

BeerMoney
09-09-2004, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take your kid out of public schools. The increased future salary figures for your kid make it a +EV move.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

As taxpayers we should all expect some level of comptetence.

ericd
09-09-2004, 12:52 PM
"Your aloud to bring a friend"

Bob Moss
09-09-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Your aloud to bring a friend"

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're a kid you'd never notice this, but looking back on my public school education, I have to wonder how good my teachers actually were.

Also, to make sure andyfox gets involved: down with the teacher's union!

Bob

NLSoldier
09-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Move your to the st cloud school district, the teachers are going on strike in a month, and having NO teacher has got to be better than having a bad teacher /images/graemlins/tongue.gif