PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone call this down?

Homer315
09-09-2004, 10:06 AM
I think my play was OK around the turn, but the river totally screwed me up. Even if I think I'm beat, do people think the pot was too big to fold (even knowing there would likely be raises)?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

At this point, I thought maybe MP-2 is raising a flush draw and BB had flopped some crap two pair.

Turn: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

OK, at this point, I'm getting kind of confused. Maybe a flush and a set? I'm still improving so I raised...

River: (23 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

The ultimate question, they bullied me into not raising the river, but do I call the extra bets? The pot was ginormous and I couldn't resist.

Final Pot: 35 BB

uw_madtown
09-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I fold instead of calling 2 more BB on that capped turn.

Just way too much action going on. Only way you're winning this is if you river the boat and even then you might be behind.

- UW

DeathDonkey
09-09-2004, 10:22 AM
He has 4 outs to the absolute nuts (nobody has AA here) so thats about 11:1, he is getting 10:1 to make the call, plus implied odds from what looks like at least one smaller boat. I think you can fold when its 2 back to you on the river, but not before.

-DeathDonkey

crockett
09-09-2004, 11:18 AM
One heart, two heart, three heart.

Fold when it is 2 to you on the river. Your hand is 3rd best in my opinion. A flush and pocket 88s (most likely MP w/ the 88s) at showdown? I call the turn because I have the odds to hit my boat.

But this is where I need clarification. I call on the turn because I currently have the odds to hit my boat BUT I'm 99% sure that it will be capped with no one folding. Does this still make the call on the turn correct?

Homer315
09-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Once I raise the turn, when it comes back to me, it is 2 BB to me, and the pot is (if my math is correct) 20BB. Thus, I am getting 10-1 on an 11-1 draw. With implied odds, I would be making at least one more bet on the river.

I think an A or J gives me the best hand. I am not too worried about AA here.

Daithi
09-09-2004, 11:48 AM
I had a very similar hand a couple weeks ago, and I layed it down "knowing" I was beat. I layed down the best hand and lost a huge pot -- I'm still kicking myself. However, I don't think calling or laying it down is huge mistake either way. Laying it down on the turn would have been a big mistake.

Homer315
09-09-2004, 01:32 PM
I think I played this OK, but I think the BB was an idiot, and cost me a lot of money for all the raising he did. Maybe I'm being too results oriented there, but he played it pretty recklessly.

b]Final Pot:[/b] 35 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 8h Ac (two pair, aces and eights).
Hero has Js As (two pair, aces and jacks).
MP2 has Kh Th (flush, ace high).
Outcome: MP3 wins 35 BB. </font>