PDA

View Full Version : Is Kerry conceding Missouri, Colorado and Arizona?

El Barto
09-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Democrats Limit Advertising to 14 States (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&ncid=696&e=7&u=/ap/20040909/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_bush_strategy)

On some maps, these states are in the toss up category, but it looks like they are saving their money for other more important states.

This could be a mistake for Kerry.

tanda
09-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Gallup released polls for OH and MO showing significant Bush leads.

OH poll is confirmed by Zogby and MO is consistent with Rasmussen.

USA Today story on polls questions whether MO remains competitive and notes that Kerry has made no ad buys in MO this month.

Bush campaign notes, correctly in my opinion, that campaigning is beginning to foucs on those battleground states that lean Democratic and went to Gore in 2000.

WI, PA and MN are competitive for Bush. New Gallup poll from PA has Bush ahead a point which is consistent with other polls that have had the state tied for the past week or ten days.

GWB
09-09-2004, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush campaign notes, correctly in my opinion, that campaigning is beginning to foucs on those battleground states that lean Democratic and went to Gore in 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Kerry only wins the Gore states, he loses (260 votes, 270 needed). New Hampshire may be the only Bush state he has a chance in (4 votes).

Woo Hoo!

W

GWB
09-09-2004, 06:00 PM
3 new polls:

Fox has me up 4 points
ABC has me up 9 points
CBS has me up 7 points

Now tell me which network is the most biased?

Recent Poll Listing (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html)

Dynasty
09-09-2004, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 new polls:

Fox has me up 4 points
ABC has me up 9 points
CBS has me up 7 points

[/ QUOTE ]

On Special Report (Fox News Chanell), Morton Kondracke (sp?) said insiders at both the Bush and Kerry campaigns are saying Bush is ahead by at least five points but not more than ten points.

I'm not suprised that Kerry could give up on Arizona and Colorado. Hasn't Bush always been leading in Arizona? In Colorado, Kerry could only tie Bush when Kerry was at his peak.

But, I don't think giving up on Missouri is a good idea.

GWB
09-10-2004, 08:11 AM
from the Washington Times:

The Kerry campaign has bought time in Florida, Ohio, Iowa, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Michigan and Oregon. Those are the campaign's 10 most-competitive states and rank at the top of Mr. Bush's advertising priorities as well. The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is airing commercials in Maine, Washington state, Nevada and Minnesota.

The only states that I won in 2000 that he is advertising in are: Florida, Ohio, West Virginia, New Hampshire, and Nevada.

Kerry must pick up at least one of the first 2 (or all 3 of the small ones) to win. He is putting all of his eggs in a very few baskets.

It's all down to Florida, assuming Kerry doesn't lose any of Gore's states.