PDA

View Full Version : 4-handedm KQo on 4,6,6r board - All-In??

Kirkrrr
09-09-2004, 07:58 AM
(I have also posted this in the Short-handed section)

Playing Live 2/3 NL at Ocean's Eleven in Cali, this hand came up. I'm not the greatest short-handed player so would appreciate any and all help.

Anyhow, it's late, closing in on 3am and we're down to 4 players. The relevant player (RP) has sat down only about 40 mins ago but I can already tell he's good and very aggressive. I'm about 110 behind, he has me covered by maybe 100 or so. I've taken down a few small pots but lost a relatively big one when I had to fold to his all-in raise on the river 10 minutes ago or so (I had jack @#$%). The game is very aggressive, raised pre-flop virtually every time and very few showdowns are seen.

On to the hand in question.

I'm in the SB with KQo. UTG folds, Button folds, I raise to 12 (my standard raise), he considers for a moment and calls.

Flop: 4,6,6r.

I lead out with 20, he raises to 40.

What's the move? Easy fold? Call? Push? Any other information I need to provide, please ask.

Kirk R.

BobboFitos
09-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Flop: 4,6,6r.

I lead out with 20, he raises to 40.

What's the move? Easy fold? Call? Push? Any other information I need to provide, please ask.

Kirk R.

King high is good more often than not on this flop. The only problem is if he does in facr have a small pp or even an ace, you're 3-1 dog...

Basically, if you push, you never want a call. (Unless he has like KJ /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) It would help to know exactly how much you have in your stack, you only mentioned how much $ you were behind - no matter what, though, I dont think this is a fold, unless he has QQ KK AA and was trapping, (4 person game, you have 1 king and 1 queen... Lets not look for monsters. Ignore those 3 hands) and technically AK and AQ has you crushed too, and thats a good flop shorthanded for them, as well. Or trips, which has you dead to runners, but one would think he'd just call here and hope you make a semblance of a hand-since there's PFR every hand, 4-way action, he can't expect you to have an overpair...

However, if he's making a move with a 4, or has something like 75 or 53, (would he play those to your raise shorthanded? I dont think I would, unless the money was really deep, and you dont say stack sizes exactly) then maybe pushing isn't wrong. A push would make a 4 fold, perhaps, and you have 7-5 and 3-5 beaten, even though they have OESD and pair outs.

So, yeah, pushing is kind of a kamakazee play, but if he would reraise with something worse... Like JT, KJ, 78.... (How likely would he MIN raise with these?) then sure, do it.

LaggyLou
09-09-2004, 11:39 AM
It might be LAGgy, but I push. I don't like folding because I think it's more likely than not that he's making a move here, and I don't like calling because I'm likely going all in on the turn anyway. If he has a 6 or a high pp, so be it. If he has a 4, an Ax, or a small pp let him make a tough decision. I think that an aggressive player with position reraises preflop 4 handed with hands that have you dominated (AK, AQ, KK, QQ) or with AA.

amoeba
09-09-2004, 12:07 PM
This is a very easy fold.I think that minreraise on the flop wasn't to get you out of the pot but rather to tempt you to go allin.

If you push, you are basically putting him on a pure bluff.Maybe I'm too tight but this is a clear fold in my mind.