PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 6's, fold on the flop

raccon
09-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Hi, here's my hand:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has Js Jc (two pair, jacks and eights).
MP2 has Qd Jd (straight, queen high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 9.50 BB. </font>

I was scared by the pair (bigger than mine) on the board and there definitely wasn't odds calling/raising on the flop. The MP2 was a total maniac (seeing flop 97% of the time, raising 40% of the time), but this time had a decent hand.

I'm quite new to poker and reading SSH at the moment and consentrating on my pre-flop play now. I use PokerTracker and once I feel confident about my pre-flop I will continue with what SSH advocates about post-flop.. I also have TOP, do you suggest reading it?

detruncate
09-09-2004, 04:52 AM
The hand looks good to me. There's no way I'm calling 2 with an underpair in this situation. Well folded.

TOP is a great book and well worth reading. Welcome to the forum.

Chris Daddy Cool
09-09-2004, 05:05 AM
dis be an easy fold.

crockett
09-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the forums.

This is an easy easy fold. I haven't read SSH but if it is anything like HFAP it is an excellent book but a tough read and light on the very basics of what to do in a situation like this.

I would personally recommend Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones. This book is a perfect fit for a player like yourself. It definately covers why you should drop that hand like a hot rock.

Isura
09-09-2004, 09:05 AM
SSH is a great book, I'm currently also reading it. But I've read TOP and WLLHE before, you might find SSH more difficult without prior reading and/or much experience. If you are still working on pre-flop play then WLLHE is a better read at the moment. It has a good pre-flop section and it covers some default (although non-optimal) postflop strategy that will give you a great start. Read WLLHE and start logging your hours, experience will allow you to put difficult concepts into context in the future. Well come to the forum.