PDA

View Full Version : Those Pesky Flush Draws

MicroBob
09-09-2004, 02:55 AM
Online 5/10, 9 players (yes, I'm checking out the 5/10 whether I really should be or not):

Except for the PF call which I'm okay with, I'm not terribly comfortable with my decisions on any of these streets.
Help me figure out the best way to approach these.

Hero is SB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button raises, Hero calls, BB folds, Everyoner calls

Flop (8 players, 16.4SB)
3 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Everyone checks to CO who bets, Button raises, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls

Turn (6 players, 14.2BB)
8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero Bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero re-raises, UTG folds, UTG+1 caps, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls

River (3 players, 29.2BB)
8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Button calls, Hero calls

pistol78
09-09-2004, 03:06 AM
Bob just curious, Why are you ok with the preflop call?

AS far as the hand goes can you really get away from it once it hits?

MicroBob
09-09-2004, 03:12 AM
Kxs for 1.6 bets in a pot that I think will be a minimum of 13 bets (and possible 16-17 since I suspect EVERYONE will call here). I think this is worth a look at the flop.

16 bets for 1.6 bets is 10:1 which is fine and dandy by me.

Not sure what you mean by 'get away from it'.
I obviously slowed down here (for better or worse) but obviously have no intention of folding.

pistol78
09-09-2004, 03:17 AM
Ok I can see your preflop call.

My comment "getting away from it" obviously implied how can you fold the second nut.

However since you never had the intention of folding whats your question for us?

MicroBob
09-09-2004, 03:22 AM
Bet out on the flop?
Re-raise on the flop when it comes back to me 2-cold?
Check-raise on the turn (instead of betting out and then re-raising)?
Bet and raise the river (even after the board pairs)?

I just felt off-balance about this hand.

me454555
09-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Why aren't you betting the flop?

MicroBob
09-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Kind of a C/R attempt and then I decided not to (chickened-out??).

If it gets bet early then my C/R should bring decent value (assuming enough callers).
If it gets checked around to the button then my C/R can maybe knock out some players and perhaps help my 'other' partial outs (K or 9). I mean, we don't know if the button raised the flop with 88 or AQ or what.

Anyway, On the flop....After it was bet by CO and raised by button I thought that calling might keep in some players to give me value.
With a bet AND raise I don't know if EITHER of my K or 9 outs are good so I'm just looking to keep in as many players as possible in case I hit the flush and they are potentially more likely to stay for 2-bets then for 3.

For or better or worse, this is what I was thinking.
I have no idea whether this is correct logic or not. Am I just making this more complicated than it needs to be?

me454555
09-09-2004, 04:02 AM
Drop down to 3/6. It feels lilke you're playing scared poker @ 5/10. I understand the idea of c/ring to clean up you're outs but the pot is so big that you might as well bet out for value and hope to 3bet the button to eliminate poeple. This is one of my favorite positoins to be in b/c someitmes you can get a few callers on the initial bet and get them to fold to the 3 bet giving you even more dead money into the pot. If they call, you still got the best draw

MicroBob
09-09-2004, 04:21 AM
Yeah....betting and then hoping for a 3-bet would have been better here.

I out-thunk myself on that play.

I wasn't playing 5/10 for very long. My first look at it. The game was soft and I decided to test the waters for a few orbits.
I am definitely going to keep the bulk of my play at 2/4 and 3/6 but MIGHT (emphasis on MIGHT) try to make 5-10% of my play at the 5/10 level (when the table looks juicy enough).

Trix
09-09-2004, 05:46 AM
You have to bet this flop, you will hardly ever get less than two callers and it could clean your K.

MicroBob
09-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Sorry for bumping old thread.
Results for anyone who might have been interested.

UTG had 7c2c
Button had AcAd
Hero had Kc9c and wins 32BB

TheHip41
09-09-2004, 07:21 PM
How the hell does UTG end up in the hand playing 72s?? Man, I should play 5-10 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroBob
09-09-2004, 07:51 PM
What are you talking about...they were SOOOOOTED!!

It was recommended to me earlier in this thread to step back to 3/6 if I was unsure of what I was doing.

Well, even playing overly-fancy (re: less than ideally) I am still pretty comfortable playing against guys like that.

BigEndian
09-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Nice table.

- Jim