PDA

View Full Version : T9s in position...Party 1/2

DeathDonkey
09-09-2004, 12:39 AM
This also made me feel somewhat icky. Thanks in advance for any comments.

DeathDonkey

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Gatts
09-09-2004, 12:42 AM
The flop bet is fine. Two overcards, and two backdoor draws.

Raise the turn.

Jaran
09-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Hey Death,
I'm not fond of your flop bet here into 5 players. I don't think you are going to get everyone to fold here often enough for this to be +EV, and I can't see your T high being good /images/graemlins/tongue.gif . However, your turn play really baffles me. You made a play at the pot on the flop w/basically nothing, and when you hit tpmk, you go into calldown mode. I think the turn play is to raise and, depending on your read of MP3, fold to a 3bet. If he just calls, then you bet the river.

-Jaran

DeathDonkey
09-09-2004, 01:39 AM
Hi Jaran,

Well on the flop I certainly don't think they all will fold. But getting a hand like JT, or A9 or something to fold would be fantastic for cleaning up my outs.

On the turn here is my thinking: the Ten comes and he bets out. This isn't really a scare card, there is nothing to semibluff with here really, I think he liked the Ten. If he did, I am probably in major kicker trouble. If he is bluffing or betting a lower pair or something do I really want to raise and have him fold drawing thin?

I posted this hand cuz the hit my card and then call down thing was icky to me at the time too, but isn't this a case where I am losing the least when behind but letting him bluff off his chips if I am ahead? I don't know, I definitely missed a bet if he has a smaller pair or something, but it seems like a bigger Ten is just the most likely hand.

I dunno maybe I should have just raised, I'm still unsure. Thanks for the comments,
DeathDonkey

Jaran
09-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Hey Death,
I agree that a bigger T is most likely, or possibly something like T7c. Either way, if you raise and he 3bets, I think you can safely fold. It also follows up nicely with your flop bet. If you think he'll go passive when faced with any aggression, then check behind on the river. Also, A raise will face the MP player (sorry, don't have the HH in front of me and can't remember the exact position) with two cold and he prolly folds his overs. I don't know that I'm right, but a raise feels a lot better than just calling here.

-Jaran