PDA

View Full Version : If you play at poker and don't have a rake-back deal...

LinusKS
09-09-2004, 12:20 AM
are you a sucker?

Thythe
09-09-2004, 12:37 AM
A lot of us don't play at one site often enough to make it worthwhile.

Sponger15SB
09-09-2004, 12:50 AM
I've got accounts at Empire/Party/Intertops, and I sadly signed up without a rakeback deal, despite paying like $2,000 this month in rake.... *sigh*

I missed out on the boat big time.

Edit- and despite what tosh says, I at least only play at Party/Skins.

gonzo787
09-09-2004, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of us don't play at one site often enough to make it worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I haven't played a site without clearing a bonus in about a year.

Instinct
09-09-2004, 02:52 AM
I missed out as well and play alot at party and empire.
Its very annoying. Wish there was a way to semi legitimatley change this situation. 25% of 2G a month is alot of $$.
ARGH

Lamby2
09-09-2004, 02:58 AM
Hi,

I also missed the rake-back boat :-(
but I signed with the rooms directly so all of my rake
stay within the site an hopefully they will use it for promotions and other nice "for the player" stuff.

BR
Lamby

TrickyTree
09-09-2004, 05:49 AM
Firstly i must say i am NOT an affiliate so i am not spamming here. But for anyone who plays Party/Empire/Intertops and hasnt got a rakeback deal have you considered signing up at CoralEurobet which is another Party "skin". If you wish to PM me i can give you the details of someone who will offer you a good deal to play there.

I will repeat i am NOT an affiliate but i would like to help out anyone who doesnt get at least some of their rakeback.

MunkeyBznz
09-09-2004, 01:53 PM
As newbie forgive me for this question but what is exactly is rakeback and affiliates? How much would one have to play to make it worthwhile? And how would you go about getting rakeback, with whom, and what is considered a good amount? Are there particular sites that are better for this?
thanks

moondogg
09-09-2004, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Firstly i must say i am NOT an affiliate so i am not spamming here. But for anyone who plays Party/Empire/Intertops and hasnt got a rakeback deal have you considered signing up at CoralEurobet which is another Party "skin". If you wish to PM me i can give you the details of someone who will offer you a good deal to play there.

I will repeat i am NOT an affiliate but i would like to help out anyone who doesnt get at least some of their rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to the little Eurobet new signup/reload bonus a few weeks ago, I and many other people missed the rakeback boat for Coral/Eurobet too. Now, the only place that I don't have an account is MultiPoker, and it seems like they don't have any rakeback affilates.

La Brujita
09-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Does Coral allow American players?

radek2166
09-09-2004, 02:19 PM
party should just drop the rake. Get rid of affiliates. That would be much simpler.

serling
09-09-2004, 02:22 PM
I also missed the boat, having signed to Party & skins long before I heard the term "rakeback."

Wouldn't it be possible to close one of my accounts, wait 6 months (while playing on another skin), then register a new account under a rakeback affiliate?

serling

moondogg
09-09-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

TrickyTree
09-09-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. They have different account options depending on where you are from. Americans have accounts in USD whereas British based players have theirs in GBP.

Piers
09-09-2004, 08:32 PM
If you define a bonus as a rake back scheme then maybe you have a point.

Personally I don't have a rake back scheme, however I almost always play with a bonus.

One thing that has always worried me about rake-back is that it might well be taxable as its not really gambling winnings. Certainly any sort of propping arrangement should be taxeable.

Tosh
09-09-2004, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you've got me, what on earth did I say and when? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sponger15SB
09-09-2004, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you've got me, what on earth did I say and when? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant Tythe. Sorry, I can't read, It makes things like typing responses hard.