PDA

View Full Version : How many outs and Implied odds???

Webster
09-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Going from memory so bear with me.

I have JJ Late and raise
4 callers

flop is
TJK - NOT what I wanted to see. HOWEVER I bet and 2 see the bet so there are now

I bet and both call so there are now a total of 8 BB's in the pot

Turn - Q [censored]!

for some god awfull reason I bet
1st guy raises
2nd guy reraises

What do you do?? I know I'm beat, any ace completes the straight, it's 2 bets to me with probebly a reraise yet to come - the pot is not THAT big - 14 bets and I have to pay 2 OR 3 more to see the river.

I was playing my "C" game that night and for the 1st time in MONTHS misread 2 hands so my head was not 100% in the game. All I could see was 3 bets more and I was 3rd out of 3.

Well - to make a sad story short - I folded and watched as my quad hit the river.

SO - how many outs did I have -
any TQK makes a boat = 6
And Ace will split the pot = 4
a Jack makes a 2quad = 1
do I cold a 9 for MY straight? = 4

Did I have 15 outs and if so was 3 more bets worth 15 outs?

I know I learned something with that hand so it was not a total loss - just trying to figure out if I was a complete dumbass of an unluck implied odds fold?

topspin
09-09-2004, 12:23 AM
If I'm doing the numbers right, you don't even need implied odds to call, plain old regular pot odds are enough.

You've got 10 outs to win outright: 3 of TQK and 1 J. That's 1:3.6 to hit your boat or quads.

You're probably safe assuming it'll get capped and you have to pay 3 more BB to see the river. You're therefore paying 3BB to win 17 BB, so the pot's laying you more than 1:5. That's not counting implied odds or the A to tie, so it's an easy call.

LowDown22
09-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Well, let's see here.....

1 more Jack = 1
3 each of K, Q, T = 9
4 Aces to split = 4
I wouldn't even count the 4 nines as I'd be fairly sure there's an Ace out there with that action.

Being conservative, I'd say you have ~10 outs. That's assuming 2 aces are in the hands of your opponents, and each of them holds a K, Q, or T. You only need 3.6-to-1 to call with 10 outs. So, yes you should've called here.

Webster
09-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Thanks - as I said a lesson learned and a lost few hors of sleep afterward. I had a brain cramp and all I saw was that I was beat with 3 more bets to put in.

O'Well, as long as I learned something :-(

Peter Harris
09-09-2004, 07:50 AM
you can't possibly count all those outs. 10 for quads/boat. There won't be 4 aces out there with that action, if you're lucky there will be 2 to split the pot.