PDA

View Full Version : Some Pocket Pair Hands

uw_madtown
09-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has 8s 8c (full house, kings full of eights).
Hero has 4d 4h (full house, kings full of fours).
Outcome: SB wins 7.50 BB. </font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

UTG+1 has Ah Ac (one pair, aces).
Hero has 9c 9h (straight, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.25 BB. </font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (9.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Hero has Ac Ah (one pair, aces).
MP1 has 6s 6d (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.25 BB. </font>

Sent
09-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Hand 1: Raise to try and steal the blinds from the button, or fold this PF. Small PP first in is hard to play if you don't think you'll have many callers. Unlucky turn.

Hand 2: I'm folding this on the flop, you dont know the action behind you, the call reraise from EP signals a big hand as well. Boy is UTG +1 passive.

Hand 3: I'm betting this river, or perhaps check-calling to induce a bluff. You have a great hand, it is a scare card yes, but I don't think you can fold this on the river. Especially when you don't know what MP is betting out with once you show weakness.

Hand 4: Nice hand, no problems here.

-Sent

Chris Daddy Cool
09-08-2004, 11:54 PM
I only read hand 1, but openlimping on the button with 44 absolutely sucks. you must raise to try to steal the blinds. that said, i'd raise the turn here as well and then call down if he 3-bets.

Yerma
09-10-2004, 04:53 AM
Hi uw_madtown,

Your first hand with 44. Open-calling on the button makes not much sense to me here. Noone has talked about it in this way so I will explain it in these terms. You have to learn to apply pressure. Suppose you had AA on the button in the same spot. You could choose to wait and apply pressure on the turn when there is a double sized bet. Your show of "weakness" on the button may induce one of the blinds to bet your hand for you on later streets. Now give yourself back the 44. There are so few flops and boards that are favorable to your hand that you don't want to wait until you see these boards to apply pressure.

Your second hand with 99. You should consider just calling preflop. The same pressure that you're applying in the previous hand with the 44 is possibly best saved for the flop with 99 with a caller ahead of you and a field to act behind. Although I doubt it's a large mistake to play the 99 this way preflop if it's a mistake at all. Maybe it's the best way? Postflop, I think you should just fold the flop. You are lucky that the UTG+1 didn't 3-bet you on the flop and continue betting into you. If you are certain that he's a weak player this way, then *maybe* it's right to raise this flop. But you should have already seen this weak tendency in this player before trying this move against an early position limp-reraise preflop.

Your JJ hand. I won't disagree with anything you did.

Your AA hand. You played your hand straightforwardly. That is good sometimes. Sometimes you should mix it up and just call here preflop with the intention of calling the flop bet and c/r'ing the turn.

PokerBob
09-10-2004, 09:06 AM
I think I make the crying call on the JJ hand.