PDA

View Full Version : The Religious Left

sameoldsht
09-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Just saw old Rev. Jesse Jackson spouting off again. You know, the "Spiritual Advisor" for impeached president Bill Clinton. Jesse himself has had at least one illegitimate love child. Very fitting Spiritual Advisor for Slick Willy. Laughable.

At least the Rev. Al Sharpton is humorous and tolerable to listen to. He seems to be pretty intelligent too. And no love children (yet)...good for him.

Both Reverends were at one time in the running for the Democrat nomination for President. I'm tired of the "Religious Left" trying to take over the Country - what about the separation of church and state? LMAO.

Ryner
09-08-2004, 10:41 PM
I hate Jesse Jackson. Hate him hate him hate him.

IrishHand
09-09-2004, 12:25 AM
I don't know anyone at any point on the political spectrum who has any use for Jackson or Sharpton. Neither of them represents much of anything outside themselves as far as I can tell - and certainly not religion or the left.

Rooster71
09-09-2004, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just saw old Rev. Jesse Jackson spouting off again. You know, the "Spiritual Advisor" for impeached president Bill Clinton. Jesse himself has had at least one illegitimate love child. Very fitting Spiritual Advisor for Slick Willy. Laughable.

At least the Rev. Al Sharpton is humorous and tolerable to listen to. He seems to be pretty intelligent too. And no love children (yet)...good for him.

Both Reverends were at one time in the running for the Democrat nomination for President. I'm tired of the "Religious Left" trying to take over the Country - what about the separation of church and state? LMAO.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the most asinine post this week. The "Religious Left" hasn't been elected to anything. I don't like Jesse Jackson either, but he does have the right to be involved in the political process.

If you want to talk about religious crackpots, we need to look no further than the Christian conservatives that are Bush's voter base. I find extreme irony in your "separation of church and state" comment, being that Bush constantly harps on his "faith based" government programs in order to woo the religious right. In fact, Bush waves the religion banner more than any president in our nation's history. This has alot to do with the fact that so many US citizens don't like his economic policies, but will vote based on morality issues. And the Christian right will vote for him no matter how screwed up his economic policies are.

I'm tired of the "Religious Left" trying to take over the Country - what about the separation of church and state? That's a real hoot. Did you hear that on the Rush Limbaugh show?

Rooster71
09-09-2004, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And the GOP is the "party of family values." Why don't you mention the twice and thrice divorced Republican Congressman? Some of these Repugnicans are deadbeat dads, some have love children, some are wife beaters, some are just plain old criminals. But since they are part of the GOP, then they are not subject to scrutiny involving "morality" or "family values" issues.

Cyrus
09-09-2004, 05:33 AM
...as in "Black Liars".

It's amusing when the American conervative/neo-conservative acolytes start accusing the opposition of being ruled by ...religious fundamentalists! I mean, at a time when the whole neo-con movement and the GOP are ruled by the Christian Right, which pretty much sets the agenda, they have the nerve.