PDA

View Full Version : Helppppppppp

11-13-2001, 04:39 PM
Man over the last week I have had so many good hands cracked over and over. It seems like when I have 3 of a kind king kicker the other guy has 3 of kind ace kicker. I have lost a pretty good amount of money. Cause I've been rasing and rerasing these hands. I'm I playing wrong or just catching the bad breaks?????

11-13-2001, 04:47 PM
You could be doing both. Long periods of bad beats do occaisionally happen. If you have to ask how you're playing then you are probably not playing very well.

11-13-2001, 10:51 PM
Sounds like like your playing any hand containing a King. If this is the case that's going to get you into trouble.

11-14-2001, 12:31 AM
Dear Billy,

It depends on the situation. Let's take a look at a couple of possibilities. First let's say that you make an appropriate King little card call. You are in a late position and you have 5 callers in the pot for example, you make an appropriate call with the suited King 5. (It has to be suited of course) The flop comes 55 Queen. Now unless you are against a pair of Queens (and most of the time you would have had a warning that the Queens are a possibility, because of a preflop raise) or you are against an Ace ,you have the boss hand. In holdem "sets over sets" just isn't that frequent. So what is the probability that you are against an Ace 5, remote at best.In that situation you have to bet your hands for value when you are a strong favorite.

On the other hand if you come in with a King Queen and there is a raise behind you and the flop comes Queen Queen 8 there of course is a much stronger probability that could be against an Ace Queen, consequently it would be appropriate for you not to put in as many raises. If this has been the situation it's just a bad run of cards and you should just keep on plugging away with your same game plan.

On the other hand if you are playing to loose with your King calls. As you know some players will play King anything then you have to tighten up your calling requirements.

When ever you have a bad run of cards, it's always a good time to take a look at your calling requirements. And it never hurts to tighten up your calling requirements, even if it's just for a while. If you start calling with stronger starting cards your winning hand to loosing hand ratio will increase. And you can't have as many bad beats if you are playing less hands.

I had a bad run for several weeks last year. For the fun of it I ran the probabilities of the flops I hit hard being beaten. being mathematics of the number of those hands being beaten , as Cappelletti,would say "defied the laws of calculus". That's just the nature of the game.

Most sincerely,

Octavian

11-14-2001, 07:52 AM
I assume you're replying to Billyboy, but where did you get the notion that he is playing any hand containing a King?

11-14-2001, 05:01 PM
If he plays K5s and someone else has the other 5, what possible hand could they have called with?

Some possibilities are 65s 75s or A5s or A5.

With these low cards you often see an ace kicker because

its rare for a player to play Q5 or J5 from middle or early.

Unless its from the blind then tread easy unless you flop

a king on the turn or river.

I don`t think you should fold but just like if you had a queen

high flush against 2 other players you cannot be certain you have

the best hand.

D.

11-14-2001, 09:01 PM
My advice to you ..... Start drinking heavily , you'd better listen, I'm pre - med . TogAAAAAAAA.