PDA

View Full Version : Never bet the flop. William's winning strategy.

William
09-08-2004, 08:58 PM
The recent "never bet the flop" thread reminds me of that time I was mostly playing SNGs at Stars. I would normally fold every hand during the first 4/5 levels, only playing AA in the button, and sometimes in the CO if I felt I had a lucky day. This way I knew that when we got to the final table (I was playing 2-tables SNGs) I would still have some chips and that was important because if you want to win a 2-table SNG, you have to get to the final table. That makes sense doesn't it?

Anyway it was a tactic that worked for me and I stuck to it. Unfortunately every now and then when I was in the BB, nobody would raise and I was forced to see the flop. This is one of the worst situations I know of in poker because sometimes you hit the flop and you are tempted to get involved thus putting your chips at risk. If I was really concentrated and played my A-game, I could check all the way to the river and then, sometimes, my AQ for exemple would win the pot, with a final board of QT632, but most of the time somebody holding for example T2 would win and then I would be really proud of myself for having the necessary self-control not to bet and not lose any chips.

It's a pitty that I am such an unlucky guy, and somehow, despite my tactical advantage over the other players some fish with a big stack would call me when the blinds had me all-in. It's when you reach that situation that you must have a little luck and your cards must hold, but as I said, I am very unlucky.

All in all, I didn't lose that much money playing SNGs (2-tables, the 1-table are much easier, I will explain my startegy on those ones some other time, I don't want to reveral too many secrets at the same time) but I really felt I had sharpened my game.

Now I play ring games and some fancy multitable tournaments. It's much harder , there are so many bad players betting all the time. I wonder where they get all that money to play from?

That's all for this time folks. I hope you enjoyed my story and learned something.
No need to thank me, we are all one big family at 2+2 and I am happy I can give you some serious advice about winning poker strategy.

William

PS. I am a little short on cash right now, if somebody would be interested in investing some money in my game, I promess to stick to what I wrote, and I am sure that my luck will soon change and we could all make lots and lots of money. PM me if you are interested.

Bye /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS bis. I have found out that you can fold your cards even when you are the BB and can see the flop for free. This is a major improvement in my strategy, so hurry if you want to be part of my poker adventure, shares of my game will be selling like warm bread...

ThaSaltCracka
09-08-2004, 09:33 PM
your silly.

LokiV
09-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I am writing $50000 to you now. But we're going to have you play $1000 heads up matches I think.

kyro
09-08-2004, 11:28 PM
betting is scary

William
09-08-2004, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am writing $50000 to you now. But we're going to have you play $1000 heads up matches I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say when and where and don't bother about the 50K, something tells me I will be lending them to you shortly... with juice of course /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eder
09-09-2004, 12:00 AM
This strategy is uber as you will never suffer a bad beat from the fish...

La Brujita
09-09-2004, 12:08 AM
78% rule, what 78% rule? I will back you for 5k as long as you follow the above.

rybones
09-09-2004, 12:09 AM
You know, I have been reading and posting on 2+2 for close to a month now and I haven't yet seen a strategy quite like this one? I beleive it would be even more effective if used as a multi-tabling strategy. It never occured to me that I might be able to play more tables if I had fewer decisions to make. Now I can just fold -- or check if I must -- on ten or twelve tables at a time. How cool is that!

Thanks for the great idea!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ryan

ilya
09-09-2004, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PS bis. I have found out that you can fold your cards even when you are the BB and can see the flop for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is *key*.

Don't forget you can also fold instead of checking ON THE FLOP!