PDA

View Full Version : Request for Hand Analysis, Please

LinusKS
09-08-2004, 08:46 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed)

$25+2 Turbo

Button (t1435)
SB (t655)
Hero (t1470)
UTG (t1540)
UTG+1 (t1390)
MP1 (t1615)
MP2 (t430)
MP3 (t3375)
CO (t1590)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t30, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls t30, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t120) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t90</font>, Hero calls t90, MP2 calls t90, Button folds.

Turn: (t390) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t535 (All-In)</font>

What's the right play here?

realbad101
09-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Easy Fold for me. All you have is a vulnerable top pair and a vulnerable kicker.

I think your opponent hit his straight and wants to protect against the flush. If he has any brain at all he won't all in bluff against a board this coordinated.

LinusKS
09-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Do you think he was betting an inside straight draw on the flop, then?

ilya
09-09-2004, 08:20 PM
I think you should either raise or fold on the flop. Your hand is marginal and you cannot afford to let the two players behind you see the turn cheaply.
On the turn, I agree with the other poster that you should fold. The other player still to act behind you makes folding even easier.

patrick dicaprio
09-09-2004, 08:23 PM
against a decent player here the SB will bet here trying to pick up the pot if he has any piece of it. with no PF raises there is a good chance that he can take it on the flop. since he is called he will not go all in unless it is a bluff or he made his straight, and it is possible that he tried to bet the flop with a gutshot or some pair hand.

when you have TPGK and the TP is a low one you should rarely call an all in bettor you are almost always beaten. there are certainly better places to risk a third of your stack.

Pat

Lori
09-09-2004, 08:31 PM
With your stack I shut my eyes and call about 60% of the time.

IMO a very read-dependent play, so I'd want to be at the table.

Edit: Didn't see the player behind, means I'd fold almost always.

Lori

poboy
09-09-2004, 09:09 PM
This is an easy fold if you respect the bettor at all. If you think he's a maniac representing the 5 than call, you've got him well covered. The question I have is why did you call his bet on the flop? The flop missed you, all have is a small pair and a decent(not good) kicker. If you were intent on staying in the hand you should have raised him and tried to take it down right there.

stripsqueez
09-09-2004, 09:17 PM
i think the turn is a non overcard which is good for you but you have left yourself in a crap position by not raising the flop - bad planning

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

istarigul
09-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Unless you know this guy is playing loose I don't know how you
can call. From the small blind he could have been slow playing a pair
of 6's or maybe he had suited connectors say 6,7d. So he has two pair
and a flush draw.

Raising after the flop might have given you more info about what he had.

wuwei
09-10-2004, 11:56 AM
I think there's a lot more possibilities than just an inside straight draw. He could be holding 58 or 59 for good straight draws, or something like 56 or 57 to get a pair and a inside straight draw. He could also have some spades.

With someone to act behind, I would fold without too much thought. Your not that heavily invested, you don't desperately need to take down a pot right now, and you never know what the guy behind you is going to do. Plenty of time left to win this sng without putting half your stack in on TPGK.

kleraudio
09-10-2004, 07:39 PM
I think this is a really easy fold. There is no telling what the SB had because of the cheap limp. You have only TPGK, with still someone to act behind you, let the hand go, you have plenty of chips. Id be willing to bet the SB had A5s.