PDA

View Full Version : GCA-Cheating tapes

11-12-2001, 05:33 PM
Has anyone seen these tapes? Does anyone have any comments on Russ G.?

Mike S.

11-12-2001, 07:35 PM
How do you cheat? Well, one critical detail is that you not take all your opponent's money in 6 quick, well-designed hands. So do you let him win every other hand, do you let him win an occasional big hand, how much do you have to let him win to insure you will have someone sitting across the table from you?

My experience is that a fair game between me and a poor player - an ordinary ring game - is about as unfair as it can get. If it were any easier to take people's money, it would become proportionally harder to find people willing to give it. Remember, the whole purpose of the random ups and downs, of the chance element in poker, is to camouflage the fact that one player is winning and another is losing.

You take away that camouflage that forces you to give up losing sessions, that disciplines you to put up a game despite your own greed, the game vanishes. So sure, you could cheat, but you'd have to have the discipline to lose nearly as often as you already lose anyway without cheating! I really believe that. How fast can someone lose before it becomes plain?

Or on the other hand, I guess you can start giving away free drinks and shrimp cocktails and hookers and water slides - and then stack the deck all day - but all that stuff costs money too...

El-Roi

11-13-2001, 01:28 AM
I just got the post sent to my email address by the board. How did this happen?

11-14-2001, 05:52 AM
It's a new feature I think. Look at the bottom of the message box after Optional Link Title and you will find a box to check or uncheck regarding email notification.

Regards,

Rick

11-14-2001, 08:37 AM
Thanks Rick. How is Scott from Columbia doing? Is he still killing the 20-40 at Commerce? Do you know Russ G.? Have you ever played with him?

Mike S.

11-14-2001, 01:58 PM
Mike,

I've seen Scott around but haven't talked to him about poker for about six weeks. I never played bigger than 20/40 and didn't work top section at Hollywood Park so I don't know Russ at all.

Regards,

Rick