PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand

luckyharr
09-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Should I have capped the flop, checked the turn, or checked the river? My only read at the time was that BB was playing way too many hands and going too far with all of them. No read on the preflop capper.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (15.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between BB, UTG+1 and Hero.</font>

Fnord
09-08-2004, 07:29 PM
With an UTG+1 raise + pre-flop cap you have to consider AA/KK as possible holdings if he has a clue. I like the flop raise to try to clear out overs, then I call it down after the 3-bet. Bet if checked to.

MoreWineII
09-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Probably cap the flop and bet if checked to you on the turn. Call down if UTG+1 bets. That's my standard line anyway.

Fnord
09-08-2004, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably cap the flop and bet if checked to you on the turn. Call down if UTG+1 bets. That's my standard line anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 raises, UTG+1 caps
UTG+1 bets, UTG+1 3-bets

Without a read (deault to loose/passive), I don't see the value in capping. BB has already called 2 cold and is unlikely to bail for 2 more. But yeah, bet if checked to. This pattern looks a lot like a passive AA/KK fearing you have Jx.

luckyharr
09-08-2004, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 raises, UTG+1 caps
UTG+1 bets, UTG+1 3-bets

Without a read (deault to loose/passive), I don't see the value in capping. BB has already called 2 cold and is unlikely to bail for 2 more. But yeah, bet if checked to. This pattern looks a lot like a passive AA/KK fearing you have Jx.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a read that he is playing AA/KK passively, do you raise the turn if bet into, or is that overaggressive? Obviously, a read that UTG+1 will lay down a big hand makes the decision easier. The reason I ask is that I feel betting the turn is only slightly less aggressive.