PDA

View Full Version : Lay it down or call all-in against chipleader?

TheDrone
09-08-2004, 06:49 PM
$30 NL Tourney, 5 left and blinds are 50/100. In the BB hero (T1100 after posting) wakes up to AA. Folded to chip leader (T3300) on the button who min raises. SB folds and hero calls. Flop is K84 rainbow. Hero checks, button bets T100, hero min raises, button reraises to T1600, hero...?

Notes: Chip leader has been stealing blinds and hero has played very few hands.

Do you call all-in or fold here? Also looking for comments/criticism on the preflop call and flop min raise.

ThaSaltCracka
09-08-2004, 06:57 PM
yeah definitely call.

Everything else looks good to me, because I would have probably tried trapping him too. I mean you could reraise preflop though, and if he has KK he would probably push on you, which you would call anyways.

poboy
09-08-2004, 08:48 PM
I've read in many places that if you never folded pocket rockets you would very rarely be making a mistake. I think this is good advice and you should call.

AlmightyJay
09-08-2004, 09:10 PM
If you're not going to push with aces, what ARE you going to push with?

Jman28
09-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Pretty easy call here. If he has you beat, he has you beat, but I'd say about 80+% of the time you're ahead here.

The way you played seems fairly good.. One of a few options, which all are similar in quality.

I like the preflop call only because of this player's agression. Against 80% of players, I'd raise because I don't want them getting away after a flop that they miss.

I like the min-raise because you are either far ahead or far behind... not many draws. You can afford to give a cheap card and the goal is to get as many of his chips in by the river as possible. Since you have only 900 chips left after calling his flop bet, I like the min raise because he is unlikely to fold, and then you have 2 streets to get in 800 more.

ethan
09-08-2004, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've read in many places that if you never folded pocket rockets you would very rarely be making a mistake. I think this is good advice and you should call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That advice is generally given for preflop play. Postflop I'd be a lot more cautious about that rule.

(edit - here, you should call)