PDA

View Full Version : Did I have a Mental Collapse?

Sent
09-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

FISH MODE: ON

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (15.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (23.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 31.25 BB

This flop really screamed to me that if I could hit one of my 5 outs I would win. The texture just felt like I have someone reverse dominated. The table loose for 1/2. I look back at it and I should've 3-bet the turn, raised the river. By far the worst hand I've played in a while.

-Sent

Jaran
09-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey Sent,
Since no one else has responded to this hand, I guess you are stuck with my mental ramblings /images/graemlins/wink.gif. However, I'm really not sure where to start with this hand. I don't mind the pf call. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I don't. Did you have any kind of read on MP2? Onto the flop. This is where things turn ugly, in my opinion. You said you felt that if you hit one of your outs that you'd be good. To me, the flop action screams either a set or a flushdraw for UTG+1 and an overpair for MP2. If UTG+1 is on a flushdraw, then your A /images/graemlins/heart.gif outs are no goot. If he's on a set, then you're drawing dead except for your bd flush. MP2 is betting like AA-JJ, possibly TT. If it's TT, your only hope again is the bdflush. KK-JJ sure you have 5 outs. AA, well, then your 3 A outs are gone. Basically, I don't think you have even as many as 5 outs. I figure you closer to between 0-2 outs. So, even though the pot is big, I would let this go after the c/r by UTG+1 and the 3bet by MP2. Hope this spewing of thoughts help.

-Jaran

Sent
09-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah flop call seemed pretty bad. MP2 looked like he was just tilting his money away from two beats earlier. Oh and if you want to know I did win the hand.

-Sent

Entity
09-08-2004, 09:36 PM
I had one of these hands with A3s the other day, so I can sympathize. Unfortunately, the AK I was up againt caught his flush on the river. :P

Up against AK?

Rob

Jaran
09-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Congrats! I woulda folded on the flop (but I think I made that pretty clear in my post /images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

-Jaran

Sent
09-08-2004, 11:06 PM
I sucked out a little but I was up against:

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 3c Ac (two pair, aces and threes).
UTG+1 has Tc 9c (one pair, tens).
MP1 has 6d Ah (one pair, aces).
MP2 has Kc Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 31.25 BB. </font>

Just a crazy hand overall.

-Sent

Chris Daddy Cool
09-08-2004, 11:46 PM
fist flop call is pretty easy.

when its two cold back to you on the flop you must consider what your opponents are holding

1) a set, which would be very very bad for you
2) a flush draw, which taints your outs (but if this is what they have you still have odds to call)
3) overpair (likely since MP2 raised pf) but since you have an A your overcard is usually good.

Combining these combinations together your equity isn't as good as it'd appear getting 21.5-2 (with a possible cap behind you) on your call, but pot is still large and you still have sufficient odds unless you're up against a set, but sometimes you just gotta suck it up and suffer the consequences or reap the rewards.