PDA

View Full Version : Monochrome, Monotypic flop....and I?

InchoateHand
09-08-2004, 05:32 PM
The gentleman to my right is very loose and randomly aggressive. It is no surprise that he begins this hand with 4.25BB.
Knowing this, how's my line? Should I have raised the turn again in a repeated attempt to isolate the semi-maniac?
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $2.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

TripleH68
09-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Why not raise the turn? You are likely at least calling down the short stack and SB has shown no aggression to this point. Make him pay if he is looking for another spade.

bdk3clash
09-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Preflop I would raise in this spot.

I think you absolutely must raise the turn. There are 6.5 BBs in the pot when MP3 bets--calling gives SB correct odds to call with any /images/graemlins/spade.gif; raising gives him 8.5:2. He'd be (barely) correct to call on this turn with a /images/graemlins/spade.gif, but the important consideration is that he will fold a lot of low to medium /images/graemlins/spade.gifs for 2 bets but not 1. This turn raise (or lack thereof) can win or lose you the pot.

I doubt going for an overcall is more profitable than raising the river--if SB is going to call, let him call 1.75 BBs or whatever it is.

InchoateHand
09-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Yeah, thats what I thought immediately afterward. The short stack betting into me again made me think that perhaps he DID have a baby flush and I was drawing to two outs. Moment of weakness--I thought it pretty clear that the SB had the K/Qs, and should have made him pay.

bisonbison
09-08-2004, 05:55 PM
perhaps he DID have a baby flush and I was drawing to two outs.

4 outs.

InchoateHand
09-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Believe it or not...I realized that immediately afterward as well. 10 for 10 so far today on making mistakes and noticing them. Didn't edit though.