PDA

View Full Version : OESD, building a pot...comments?

Entity
09-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets $0.22 (All-In)</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.22 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 27.22 BB

SoCalPat
09-08-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm not fond of the flop raising war. Yes, you're OE'd, but you have no overcards, no backdoor flush draws and you've only got four outs to the nuts (if a Q hits, anyone with KJ has you badly beaten). I've got to have a few more ways to win before I start jamming this pot.

Brian
09-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Hi Entity,

Agreed with SoCalPat. Your pot equity in this isn't as great as you probably think it is. Change the Ace to a Deuce, and I love it. Make the Ten a Spade instead of a Heart, and it's probably not all too bad. But here, all you have is an OESD, and the presence of an Ace on the board really hurts, because it gives people redraws to tie you, and it may give someone a better straight if you hit. Blech.

Also, consider that someone here may have a better hand than one pair. If this is true, your pot equity goes down even more, because a hand like AT or 88 can re-suck on you on the River if you hit on the Turn.

-Brian