PDA

View Full Version : Chip Polish

Se0ultrain
09-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Do any of you guys use some kind of oil or shine to give your chips that glossy look? I have chips from pokerchips.com and I know that they don't oil their chips anymore. Any recommendations?

-Mike

Fins
09-09-2004, 10:34 AM
I was going to suggest this polish/cleaner foam I use on our corian counters until I realized these weren't the chipco style chips. Did pokerchips.com have any recomendations?

Which chips do you own? How long have you had/used them? I'm still looking for a set and not ready to fork out for customs but I thought the 3-edge A-mould or the roman/circles might be a good intermediate (step above the 11.5g plastics) for now.

I req'd some samples but they have come in yet. When they do I'll try the countertop cleaner on them.

Thanks,
Fins

MrGo
09-09-2004, 11:07 AM
I have read that reg. dish detergent and toothbrush works well. Don't put them in the dishwasher!

Lottery Larry
09-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Info I've gotten over a period from pokerchips.com

"General care of the chips takes into consideration their composition - CLAY. If soaked in water, clay will dissolve. If subjected to extreme temperatures, clay will tend to either warp or crack. Wiping with a damp towel should not affect the quality of the chips, but a regular dry dusting will delay this wiping process a bit longer. It is also advised that you keep your clay chips as dust free as possible by storing them in something with a cove.

If you need to clean any clay chips, it should be done one chip at a time. Use a soft fine brush (toothbrush works well) and a small amount of mild detergent in water. Use the brush to apply a small amount of cleaner to the chip, then dry at once with a soft cloth. "

For the sheen, they told me to put a little baby oil in a rag, put a stack of chips in your hand in the rag and roll them around

Se0ultrain
09-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Baby oil? Does that really work?

-Mike

Lottery Larry
09-11-2004, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Baby oil? Does that really work?

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, Mike- I never spent the effort to do so.

Accident
09-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Baby oil (mineral oil) will work and shouldnt hurt the chps. Try the UNscneted variety on ONE chips 1st. THe automatic dishwashing liquid works great. Let them soak in it mixed w/water for about 20 to 40 minutes. MOst of the crud will dissolve right off w/out having to brush so much. Also, trim down the toothbrush brissles to about 1/2 as long as they are. Makes for easier brushing and less splatter. There aren't any oils in that auto-dishwashing liquid, so wear gloves if you have some. It screws up your skin a bit.
Accident /images/graemlins/club.gif