PDA

View Full Version : Massive semi-bluff

Azrael_AOD
09-08-2004, 03:49 PM
We're playing $10 no-limit $0.20 BB. It's the end of the night and only three of us are left.

SB (approx. $13)
Hero is BB (approx $47)
Button (approx. $45)

Preflop: ($0.30) Button is first action and raises to $1.20, SB folds, Hero reraises to $3.20 with 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif, Button calls.

Flop: ($6.50) 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, Button bets $2, Hero raises to $5, button reraises to $10, Hero pushes all-in (about $34 more after calling the $5 reraise), Button folds (Turns out he had A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif).

This was a home game and I'm known to make plays like this all the time. It's gotten to the point where whenever there's a draw on the board and I bet, the players assume I'm semi-bluffing on the come. While it reduces my chances of semi-bluffing effectively, it does get me massive amounts of action on my legit hands.

Any comments?

amoeba
09-08-2004, 05:39 PM
wow, thats pretty LAG. all-in on a gutshot draw for sucker straight on a 2 flush flop is stretching the definition of semibluff.I think you only won because you represented the big pocket pair pretty well.

villain's reraise with AJh is also pretty loose.