PDA

View Full Version : 88 HU ep

BottlesOf
09-08-2004, 03:32 PM
5/10 tight Full tilt table (9-handed) Opponent hasn't done anything to suggest he's out of line.

I'm UTG+1 with 88

I open-raise, LMP cold calls, everyone else folds.

Flop T66

I bet, LMP raises, I 3-bet.

Turn is a 2

I bet, he calls

River is a J

I bet, he calls.

Yeknom58
09-08-2004, 03:44 PM
What were the suites of the flop?

I think the river bet is not so hot unless you think he's going to call you down with some Ace because there is no way he's laying down a better hand at this point. I think check call is probably best.

Trix
09-08-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Opponent hasn't done anything to suggest he's out of line.

[/ QUOTE ] Fold to the flopraise then.

BottlesOf
09-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Really? What range of hands do you put him on?

Trix
09-08-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really? What range of hands do you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

77,AK - AT, 99,TT,AA,KK.

If you feel you need to go to showdown here in this small pot, then just call down instead, you will be better off having him bluffing at it than giving him a chance to get away.

BottlesOf
09-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Hmmmn. I think calling down may be a good alt. here... I was playing agg. b/c i didn't want 6 outers catching and taking the pot from me, but this pot is n't big enough for that I guess...

Nate tha' Great
09-08-2004, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5/10 tight Full tilt table (9-handed) Opponent hasn't done anything to suggest he's out of line.

I'm UTG+1 with 88

I open-raise, LMP cold calls, everyone else folds.

Flop T66

I bet, LMP raises, I 3-bet.

Turn is a 2

I bet, he calls

River is a J

I bet, he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you'll probably lose money over the long term by calling down here. It's a drawless flop and your opponent ought to be giving a fair amount of credit to your hand since you raised from EP. You only have two outs if behind and are out of position. I think I'd let it go.

Now, if the flop were TT6, and the same action took place, that is a much different story.

sthief09
09-08-2004, 04:36 PM
I'd get rid of it on the flop.

now I'm waiting for everyone to tell me I'm weak-tight...

BottlesOf
09-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Yeah, this strikes me as a little weak-tight.

I just can't see him coldcalling with a T except AT. I don't see him with TT+ so, I think, I'm against overcards, AT or a pp below tens.

Anyway, I played it as such and beat 77, maybe I got lucky here, but this guy was certainly capable of raising overs on ths flop HU.

Bigdaddydvo
09-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Johnny,

Loved your play here. The flop was ideal for you w/1 coldcaller preflop (a good flop for him, too). I see his flop raise as one trying to chase you off of AK, and your 3-bet let him know that you held better. Agree w/your analysis, there's just not many hands he could have that fit that flop very well (it would take a much weaker player to call your preflop raise w/A-10) You took the chance that he didn't have the overpair and played it agressively. Well done.

BTW, I think with no 3 bet preflop you should be able to rule out AA, KK, and QQ (possibly JJ). I figure he'd slow play TT.