PDA

View Full Version : Protecting my hand....yada yada

StuR
09-08-2004, 03:14 PM
This hand any good? What do I do after being 3-bet and then lead into on the turn? I have a feeling I should be mucking on the turn. But I have TPGK!!!!

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Good Raise?

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

StuR

PokerBob
09-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Ugh.
Preflop: FoldMuckTossIt. Your hand sucks AND you are in no-man's-land position-wise.
Flop: OK, but by 3- betting you he is saying "MY TEN IS BETTER THAN YOURS". Be prepared to fold the turn unimproved.
Turn: FoldMuckTossIt
River: What do you do if you are 3-bet? I think I just call.

Bill Smith
09-08-2004, 03:28 PM
This preflop call is a bit too loose for me. Button for 1 bet, sure. MAYBE the CO. Not in MP. Too many ways you can hold a dominated hand.

Flop raise good because you want to knock people out of the hand. The river raise is interesting... did you have any read on UTG+1? If he's decent, he probably hit a low set and didn't reraise because of the 3-flush. If he's anything but decent, I bet you cracked his (preflop) slowplayed AA. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

StuR
09-08-2004, 03:29 PM
I agree with the Postflop analysis. One thing in my favour was that this table was running 50% to the flop with nearly no raising (2%). This hand would be a turbo muck usually but I thought I had justification to play this. Am I still wrong?

I know I should have included this when posting. Sorry.

StuR

ThunderAces
09-08-2004, 03:29 PM
First up gotta fold this preflop.
In middle position u need atleast KJo and better QJs or better. Usually if I can't raise I fold unsuited cards in this pos.
Anyhow your in the pot so on the flop I like the raise, try to protect your hand.
On the turn I would raise again if u plan on calling on the river. Then check behind if u don't improve. This costs u the same as a call call, and if u improve u win an xtra bet.
If he three bets u on the turn, then I would your hand down.
Turn raise is best play u also max ur chances of other player leavin the hand.
Hope this helps.

jay1313
09-08-2004, 03:34 PM
I would tend to agree with previous poster, a call of 2 EP calls with TJo, easy muck, to easily dominated or raised with all the other players yet to play.

Betting appeared to be consistent with a player on a flush draw (clubs) which was busted and then afraid of your possible diamond flush. Your final hand of 2 pair probably held up well but dangerous all the way around.

ugadawg
09-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Well played IMO FWIW.

Looks like UTG+1 slowed down on the 3rd diamond. But I think I would have played it exactly the same. Your raise on the flop gave you the information you wanted. UTG+1 is happy with his/her hand. You didn't improve on the turn, so I would have c/c too. But getting your two-pr on river I would raise too. You may be beat by a set of 2s, 5s, or Ts (since most don't raise pf with TT). But I think you played it right.

Bill Smith
09-08-2004, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: OK, but by 3- betting you he is saying "MY TEN IS BETTER THAN YOURS". Be prepared to fold the turn unimproved.
Turn: FoldMuckTossIt

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree - 2 clubs would 3-bet this flop. Of course, so would a set. The fact that he has to worry about kicker as well is all the reason why this should've been mucked preflop. But let's assume that this is the same situation except he has JTs (callable preflop) and he's on the button (which changes about nothing). You don't call this down?

flair1239
09-08-2004, 04:22 PM
You could put him on alot of things. Big flush draw, possibly top pair, a small set. You can probably rule out any pp over 10s as he would have raised pf.

I think it was a good raise on the flop. I don't think you should fold the turn for one bet. As he could just be pushing his draw as a semi-bluff. I would call down as well.

meep_42
09-08-2004, 04:38 PM
I may be wrong, but it would also be wrong for 2-clubs to 3-bet this flop. By the time the action returns to him, there are only 2 others in the hand, so he's losing pot equity by only getting 2:1 on his draw.

-d