PDA

View Full Version : Feigning Turn weakness to get paid off on the River

Bigdaddydvo
09-08-2004, 12:04 PM
A Generally weak 4/8 Game at Caesars Indiana (would like to know if there's anything better to max profits vs. weak, straightforward players)

Seven callers to me on the button with KQo, I raise, flop is 8-handed (a note that I'd rarely raise a KQo with this many callers against semi-competent players due to offering good reverse implied odds).

Flop A-10-2

UTG+1 bets, 2 callers, I raise (these players are the type that will check the turn to one flop raise, so my free card is all but a guarantee).

4 players: Turn J completing my straight. Check, Check, UTG+3 bets $4 all in, I call ?!, call, and call

Checked to me, I bet, and 1st two checkers pay it off. (All in shows two pairs A and J) Against predictable opposition, I figured a turn-raise would knock out the first two players, while only calling half a big bet on 4th street would entice them to call on the river. Thoughts?

Bob T.
09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Checked to me, I bet, and 1st two checkers pay it off. (All in shows two pairs A and J) Against predictable opposition, I figured a turn-raise would knock out the first two players, while only calling half a big bet on 4th street would entice them to call on the river. Thoughts?

Yeah, maybe. But I can't believe that the AJ guy didn't put all his money in on the flop. Where was he going to go anyway?

Evan
09-08-2004, 12:59 PM
I don't know about the flop raise, I think a call is in order here. Once you hit broadway I like the call to induce overcalls. On the river I think you need to complete to $8, if they'll call $4, they'll call $8.

Edit: I completely miosread the hand, read turn as river or soemthing.

Evan
09-08-2004, 01:01 PM
I think you should complete on the turn and obviously bet the river.