PDA

View Full Version : Weak/tight or good play with AQo?

Quercus
09-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (15.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (19.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 22.75 BB, between BB, UTG+1 and CO.</font>

This was the first hand UTG+1 didn't fold in the two orbits I'd been sitting at the table.

prayformojo
09-08-2004, 11:51 AM
You are getting 10.25:1 to coldcall with two overcards and a nut gutshot draw (and a backdoor straight draw -- 89), but I agree with this fold.

With your read on UTG+1, and the raise from BB, your overcard outs must be significantly discounted. With four opponents in the pot and two clubs on board, the K/images/graemlins/club.gif is tainted. Throw in the possibility of a raise after your call, and I think you can safely fold this hand.

That said, looking at the action again, I may have bet into UTG+1 on the flop, hoping he would raise and get others out of the pot to clean up my ace outs.

Edit: Kc, not Qc

k000k
09-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I HIGHLY doubt the overcard outs are good. 4 players capped that flop.. I'd say the gutshot is the ONLY thing you can draw to, and you dont wanna see K/images/graemlins/club.gif, so you have 3 good outs. That's assuming a different /images/graemlins/club.gif doesnt show up and wreck everything, so I'd call that more like 2.5 outs. 2.5 outs is something like 18:1, there's 17 in there at the time the action gets to him, so he's actually getting 8.5:1 for now.. Any more raising or folding and those odds get even worse. Ya gotta give this one up.

He might be a fish but I bet he has ace-hi beat...

btspider
09-08-2004, 12:14 PM
good fold, but don't post the action after your fold.

prayformojo
09-08-2004, 12:17 PM
I mistakenly had Q /images/graemlins/club.gif instead of K /images/graemlins/club.gif, discounting the gutshot outs. I hope that didn't make it seem like I was suggesting the other queens were good.

Isn't it 20.5 to hero on the flop, not 17? I don't see where the 8.5:1 figure comes in. This doesn't change the fact that it's a good fold. I was just wondering if I'm missing something.