PDA

View Full Version : Folding two pair on the turn (a hand that's been bothering me)...

ElSapo
09-08-2004, 10:38 AM
New, good Party 2/4 game. I'm in the BB with 62o. Two limp, SB completes, flop comes down 962r. SB checks, I bet, one limper calls, SB calls.

Turn is a 3, SB checks, I bet, limper calls. SB raises. I fold...

The fold seems weak, but I don't know what I reasonably beat that checkraises the turn. I'm drawing about dead to a set and any two pair is higher than my two pair except 32, and that seems highly unlikely.

I dunno why this hand bothers me.

ElSapo

EDIT -- No suits, all rainbow.

ErrantNight
09-08-2004, 10:43 AM
because maybe he thinks you're just taking a shot on a ragged pot and he thought HE'D (or SHE'D) take a shot at it?

i'd call the raise.

ElSapo
09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
I rarely see bluff turn check-raises, especially when there's two people already in the pot. If the turn card was an ace I'd be more inclined to think someone just hit a big ace and wants to get agressive, but it's tough to see that here.

ErrantNight
09-08-2004, 10:53 AM
it's a small pot, you're probably behind... the fold is probably correct... but i wouldn't be surprised to see an overpair c/r here either... and while a turn c/r might be a bit rare (it sure looks like he tried to trap both of you), i think i'd make a crying call and see it down.

a turn 3-bet might not be terrible if you're planning on taking that course of action as it might be checked on the river to you... although if you're up against a set you'll just get capped