PDA

View Full Version : As Norman Chad calls it, "Naked Aggression"

uw_madtown
09-08-2004, 10:00 AM
I've noticed that I'm winning a fair amount of .50/1 hands in these situations, where there's a dangerous board and I continue full boar against 1-3 opponents. Even when I am beat here, I've noticed that 50-60% of the time my opponents just call me down instead of raising anyway. Am I getting too aggressive for my own good?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

KingSix
09-09-2004, 03:55 AM
Any hand like this is read dependent. You're hand was probably good in this situation, but use your PT notes to gauge the situation. If this guy is able to fold, then the aggression is good, but if he is going to play sheriff and call you down with his 63o, then you can't bluff him.

Also, the fact that the pot was 3 bet PF probably helped you out here. If someone came through that with a King, you likely would have heard from them on the turn.

King

SoCalPat
09-09-2004, 04:02 AM
Heads up with the pot this size, your river bet need only to be successful one time in 10 for this to be profitable. Given the lack of life from the button and that you've been the aggressor throughout, it's a good play.