PDA

View Full Version : Taking a look at my game...

crockett
09-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Well lightning final struck. I was playing along at 13BB/100 for 5K+ hands and I had my first every horrible period. At one point I was down around 80BB. Fortunately, you don't have to hear about all my bad beats because they weren't happening any more than usual. I believe it was a combination of two things. First, my play wasn't very good. Second, I ran into a long string of having hands that were second best. Flopping bottom two pair out of the BB to find out I was against a flopped top two pair, etc.

Anyways, I'm taking a few days off and I need to post some hands. So you should see a string of hands from me over the next couple days. If you could take the time to reply I would appreciate. Some of these I was just plain stupid, some I just didn't know what to do. Please be tuff on me. My biggest concern right now is over cards (AK, AQ, KQ, etc.) on a raggedy flop, I'm considering laying them down as a rule until I feel more comfortable playing them but that just seems so sorry to lay down a nice hand after a raise.

O.k...here's the first one.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (21.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (15.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 17.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.70 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

O.k. this is one of those I don't know what to do. I'm telling my wife, "great the guy just made trips" Her reply "then why did you just call him twice?"

I don't know if I lost the hand or not, I can't remember. What is the standard line here? Call down? I thought with one to act behind me, maybe I should have just folded?

No reads..

Mammux
09-08-2004, 08:24 AM
I would probably read BB as A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif or more likely A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/J/K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. If he isn't holding the 3, he's semi-bluffing the turn and even though he misses the river he bluffs due to your turn weakness. Could be trips but I don't see him cold-calling PF with a 3, unless it was A3s.

-Magnus

scotnt73
09-08-2004, 08:32 AM
theres no way you can fold this. raise the turn. if he reraises you call him down. he could have AKd or A10 or just about anything.

uw_madtown
09-08-2004, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well lightning final struck. I was playing along at 13BB/100 for 5K+ hands and I had my first every horrible period. At one point I was down around 80BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in a similar boat. Started out going about 2.5k hands at 12 BB/100, which is completely unsustainable, so I knew the downswing had to be coming. Now I'm at 3.5k and I'm down to 8 BB/100. I'm sure there's still more downswing to come. A major leak at the moment is playing way to loose from the SB for a half-bet. Of course, that's not a gigantic leak (it is only a half-bet... but that's the thinking that has pushed my VPIP from the SB to 45! /images/graemlins/frown.gif).

This hand reads as standard play to me. It looks like a three, but it could be just overcards or even AT (I've seen top-pair wake up on the turn like this after calling the flop). Calling him down is the right move, you'll win with your queens often enough to make it profitable.

Sidekick
09-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Preflop: Fine

Flop: Standard play

Turn: I raise this. I've got no reason to suspect that anyone is holding a 3 until someone comes over the top of my raise. I can't see BB calling the 3-bet from the button preflop with a 3 in his hand.

River: If BB hasn't come over the top of me on my raise on the turn then I'm raising again here. If BB did come over the top of me on the Turn, then I just call him down on the river. He could easily have AT or even just two diamonds and was betting the flush draw.

Considering the preflop betting I don't see much on this hand that should have scared you into being passive. If BB is holding a 3 then he isn't playing his hands correctly IMO.