PDA

View Full Version : similiar to bison's 44 hand

Chris Daddy Cool
09-08-2004, 05:54 AM
playing 3/6 at full tilt

i have 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG and limp (this is probably a bad limp at this table). TAG-ish type player raises MP1. BB calls. I call.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks. I bet. MP1 raises. BB folds. I 3-bet. He calls.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet. MP1 calls.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check... MP1 bets. I raise.

My river line is strange.

spamuell
09-08-2004, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My river line is strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad, I think. He's not calling your check-raise with any hands worse than yours, I really doubt he's laying down a bigger pair either.

GuyOnTilt
09-08-2004, 06:00 AM
Hey Chris,

Your river play is definitely -EV. I don't think there should be a debate on it.

GoT

sthief09
09-08-2004, 06:20 AM
I don't think anyone has every folded to a river check-raise online, ever.

and if by similar you mean entirely different, then yes, this hand is similar to bison's

Chris Daddy Cool
09-08-2004, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone has every folded to a river check-raise online, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about I expect to get called by A high? Which is what makes this checkraise so stupid.

Chris Daddy Cool
09-08-2004, 06:33 AM
i'm not debating the river at all, i posted it cuz i realized there's absoultely zero value in it.

but up until the river how's my play?

chesspain
09-08-2004, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
playing 3/6 at full tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to the server or your playing style? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bakku
09-08-2004, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
playing 3/6 at full tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to the server or your playing style? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, don't make fun of Chris' A-game /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BigEndian
09-08-2004, 08:25 AM
I think that there's a large portion of posters who think that naked aggression is winning poker. I think this is a fine example of that.

Also, you give no description of what you've seen of the villains PF raising standards and his post flop tendencies, that makes it very difficult to analyze this hand. "TAGish" can mean a lot of things and definitely doesn't explain his behavior down-stream. If you don't know this about your opponent, then it makes taking this battle with 22 against him dubious.

Fold PF, fold the flop.

- Jim

daveymck
09-08-2004, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
playing 3/6 at full tilt

i have 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG and limp (this is probably a bad limp at this table).

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold pf you knew it yourself. After that surely it has to be no set no bet even on this board.

Apart from that looks more like he has an overpair, scared him with your three bet as he is worried you have 7's.

Be interesting to see if your read on his hand is correct here.

Luv2DriveTT
09-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Chris:

Your a good player, an overly aggressive player (and I like that!). Sounds like you are becoming a borderline maniac though mate! You can win this way, but you will most likely loose in the long run with pre-flop plays like this.

The truth is there is nothing that bad with limping with 22 from UTG, but it is gambling - thats for sure. With a flop like 774 rainbow I like how you played the flop with 22 in your pocket. Heads up in a small stakes game however I don't like it because your investment into the hand is too high vs your expected gain.

However I think the best results would have been to check-raise the turn, and then bet the river since you obviously wanted to own the hand. If he had no hand by the river he would probably fold to you ASAP.

TT in da club /images/graemlins/club.gif